Pompano Dive Center and charters going out of business...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Afaik, sfdh is moving their boats to where PDC is (actually where SFDH used to be). New owners don't want the fishing boats and Pompano Rodeo there, either. I don't know what Jeff and Enzo did or did not do in order to stay in the marina.

They should be boycotted for the crap they pull or expect their captains to pull. Leaving a group divers with just a ball on the surface while they dive the rodeo, leave and put another group on a reef drift and yet others somewhere else for lobster dives. Its completely irresponsible.

They should be boycotted for the crap they pull or expect their captains to pull. Leaving a group divers with just a ball on the surface while they dive the rodeo, leave and put another group on a reef drift and yet others somewhere else for lobster dives. Its completely irresponsible.
With PDC closing, who do people recommend for diving in the area? I have used them in the past when in the area, and was looking forward to use them in March. I am sad to see this has happened.

I should also say sfdh has some fine captains and dive masters but its not very consistent, depends on who you get... I attack what the organization condones not the people who work there. PDC functioned on a much higher level, losing them has me rethinking how to revisit the area.

Im completely going on a rant but I hope pompano’s chamber of commerce realizes what a loss to the community this. I took up diving and decided 200ft was the goal, it was a huge expense for a guy from north dakota to reach that goal. I got there with help from pdc and spent alot to get there. Many trips to pompano beach lots of my money into the economy there.

F**k SFDH. They should be boycotted by everyone for the underhanded crap they just pulled on PDC

And for running an shoddy/unsafe operation. Q: how do you miss a hot drop on the Okinawa at 70'? A: Captain doesn't have a functional bottom finder.

With PDC closing, who do people recommend for diving in the area? I have used them in the past when in the area, and was looking forward to use them in March. I am sad to see this has happened.

I'm with you. My next move is Pure Vida in Riviera Beach. The diving is a bit different than in Pompano, better quality reefs, but fewer deep wrecks. Pura Vida is a great operation though.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom