Gear organization advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am using it for my spare hoses but a Velcro strap, or two, around the assembled reg set should keep it organized, barring those pecking gauges that do like to grab onto everything.

You might be able to stack them up and not have them tangle.

@uncfnp I may try those, not sure I'd like them more than proper reg bags though. I think it would be one thing for a pair of regulators though.

Anyone have any charging station thoughts? @PfcAJ what are you doing when you swing up for charging?

@rddvet which milk crates are you talking about?
I may go back to milk crates, but it doesn't sort out transporting the BC and fins. I may end up having to talk to Edd and see if he'll give me a bulk discount on his reg bags. I'm not sure I would want to put more than a pair of regs in each bag though. I think it would be easier to see "doubles" on the bag and just not grab it, same with "sidemount", "stage", and "deco". He's got them running at $23 each right now which isn't terribly painful
@tbone1004 While I am not as sophisticated as you, I use 2 milk crates that are rectangular in size. One is for gear and other is for regulators. Sometimes they go in regulator bags, sometime they are put in the crate if I am real tired.

Furthermore, I thread cave line around the milk crate sides to hold clips, lights (with clips). Then use small plastic mask cases to hold misc items. Easily stackable.

Found these on Amazon. It's a good price.

@tbone1004 While I am not as sophisticated as you, I use 2 milk crates that are rectangular in size. One is for gear and other is for regulators. Sometimes they go in regulator bags, sometime they are put in the crate if I am real tired.

may have to look at that.

may have to look at that.
I used to pack stuff in those large crates with the yellow lids. now I use the rectangular milk crates; they dry stuff better, they are not not as heavy to move around, and they pack better in my vehicle, because they can be stacked, and they can fit around other stuff nicely. The down side is stuff can fall through the holes in them, like hose ends sticking out or any little parts. So I still need to wrap the reg sets, and have a solid wall/floor box or two. I use the ones from Home Depot like these...IRIS 3 Gal. Store-It-All Storage Bin in Black-250150 - The Home Depot

Drawstring mesh bags are basically free as they come with sports clothing, some shoes, and other things that don't really need them. When I got into scuba I just went and found the shelf where they had been collecting unused because all the reg sets finally gave me a need for them.

@tursiops the more I look and think about it, the more I'm leaning to going back to milk crates like @rddvet did. Maybe keep the black bins for exposure protection, bc, etc. but may see if there is a milk crate type option with smaller holes for regulators/spools etc.

I picked up a couple of these from Lowes to consolidate tools and spare parts. I'll end up using one for regs.
076174816525.jpg

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-Versastack-System-17-in-Red-Plastic-Lockable-Tool-Box/1000578377

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom