Last Minute trip to Puerto galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mellowwee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well I have an interesting delema, I was scheduled to fly to Chuuk on monday, to spend a few days at Blue lagoon, followed by a week on the Truk Odyssey. I just found out today that Micronesia, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to refuse entry to anyone from any country that has conrirmed cases of coronavirus, specifically China was named, but also presumable the US.

So I briefly considred heading there anyways, knowing how some of these things go, maybe they won't refuse entry, however I am thinking that I dont want to travel all that way, with the anxiety of not knowing if I will be allowed in.

I have a 17 day trip planned, with vacation time, and more importantly permission from the wife, so at this point I either use it or loose it. My dive gear is packed and I am set on going on a dive trip. And I am going solo.

I have been to the Ph last year, did the Sipalay - Moalboal dive safari, had a great time. Before deciding on Truk i was thinking or going to Puerto Galera, well now I will probably cancel my Truk trip and head to Puerto Galera, and maybe Anilao, last minute, leaving in 2 days.

So I pose the question...besides buying a last minute ticket from LAX-MNL (which is suprisingly reasonablay priced at about $1100), how should I plan my trip. I am asking all of you who have more experience, because I usually research and plan these things for months, but this time i only have 1 day.

That really sucks. Did airlines notify you, dive vendor, or public info source? If it is a sure thing, then we we enjoyed La Laguna Villas, and diving with their in-house shop a couple months ago. Would recommend them. Good luck!

Travel in Asia is a mess right now. Our Manila to Hong Kong flights were cancelled and rebooked twice. We are hoping the current reservations stay valid! We are scheduled to dive Sogod Bay in a little over a week.

Also, you will likely want to bring a box of masks and gloves...supplies are tight.

Update on Article: FSM, Marshall Islands step up coronavirus travel bans

Johncn

Look for Centrals’ recent advice on how to get to PG either by public bus and ferry, or by Si-Kat from the City State hotel. Go to PG first. I like Asia Divers but others have other faves. At this point your best strategy might be to walk around and see what operation looks good to you.
Once there, collect local, well-informed advice on which resort in Anilao would suit you best. Ferry back to Batangas and take taxi or hire a driver or take public transport, depending on your budget and sense of adventure.
With a flight home later in the day, and using a reliable private driver, you could go direct from Anilao to NAIA. Otherwise, be in Manila the night before the flight.

That really sucks. Did airlines notify you, dive vendor, or public info source? If it is a sure thing, then we we enjoyed La Laguna Villas, and diving with their in-house shop a couple months ago. Would recommend them. Good luck!

Travel in Asia is a mess right now. Our Manila to Hong Kong flights were cancelled and rebooked twice. We are hoping the current reservations stay valid! We are scheduled to dive Sogod Bay in a little over a week.

Also, you will likely want to bring a box of masks and gloves...supplies are tight.

Update on Article: FSM, Marshall Islands step up coronavirus travel bans

Johncn
Truk Odyssey notified me, they have been as helpfull as possible. They intimated that I may still be able to make it in, but it was up to me. i decided i wouldn't feel comfortable taking 3 flights to get to Chuuk without assurance that I would be allowed in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom