Best dives around Riviera Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adoniram

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greetings all, I am new to the board, and wanted to start off by asking about dive sites around Riviera Maya. Our next trip is late April 2020.

My wife and I are both PADI AOW with ~50-60 dives under our belts. We've been to Cozumel many times and absolutely love it there, but also love a particular resort in the Riviera Maya region. We will be staying in Riviera Maya and wanted to see what people though of dive sites around there, and dive shops.

We dove in Playa del Carmen to see the bull sharks about a year ago, and that was really neat, but the "reef" dive we did afterwards was less than impressive (especially since our other dives that trip were all in Cozumel). We've done cavern diving several times, which I absolutely loved, but my wife is not so inclined.

Are there good reef dives in the area? Or is Cozumel (and subsequent ferry) the only real option?

Thanks all!

Have you already picked where you are staying?

That will influence responses.

Yes, Secrets Maroma Beach. It's almost exactly between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. We are open to driving or taking a taxi though.

My wife and I enjoyed the diving in Puerto Morelos, must be near to where you are staying. The C56, Juan Escutia wreck was particularly nice. We used Dive in Puerto Morelos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom