fin strap replacements- bungee/spring- compatability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... Bungee and spring type straps by design should stretch slightly when donning the fin and should remain in the slight stretched state to maintain some tension between the strap around the heel of the foot and the fin, but it does not need to be "firm pressure" pulling the fin over the foot.

I agree strongly with the term "slight stretched state to maintain some tension".
This is a much better choice of words than mine, and is more accurate.
Thank you @Zef for the clarification.

K.

Reactions: Zef
What diameter would be recommended?

6mm - 8mm

I recommend 8mm diameter bungee cord or its equivalent in fractional inch.

If you cannot find 8mm then I would recommend 6mm...Not sure I would recommend a diameter smaller than 6mm.

-Z

A quarter inch would be about 6mm, so 8mm would be about .315 inches... 5/12"? Maybe I can find a 5/8"?

Thanks!

3/8

Try this, make a pull loop or use the pulls from spring straps, slight pressure is all you need with good foot pockets.

Thanks! I also see a few listings for "marine" grade bungee. Is this of concern?
I’m using the 3/8” stuff and 3/16” stuff without any problem I’ve never seen the marine grade so I can’t offer an opinion on that, post a link and I may order some to try.

Back
Top Bottom