Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still planning to buy a Seaskin Nova (trilam)… I think I wil do that soon. Concerning the Brexit, it is at midnight today. Still, there will be some kind of transition period with no impact on the custom duties to/from the EU in the next months until December 2020 (as far as I understood). Anyway some people say even after that date the custom duties will not be very high, hopefully

Still planning to buy a Seaskin Nova (trilam)… I think I wil do that soon. Concerning the Brexit, it is at midnight today. Still, there will be some kind of transition period with no impact on the custom duties to/from the EU in the next months until December 2020 (as far as I understood). Anyway some people say even after that date the custom duties will not be very high, hopefully
Any specific reason you want the trilam over the neoprene?

There are several reasons, already discussed in some previous threads. One of them is that trilam is easier to dry up (not the only though)
Neoprene would be an option and perhaps even cheaper, but I already decided to get trilam

There are several reasons, already discussed in some previous threads. One of them is that trilam is easier to dry up (not the only though)
Neoprene would be an option and perhaps even cheaper, but I already decided to get trilam
I see. I am also getting ready to “pull the trigger” and have been considering the ramifications of Brexit. Is it going to make the pound weaker or stronger? Should I wait or buy now? Tough to know....the only thing I know for sure is whatever decision I make will be the wrong one in the end!

I see. I am also getting ready to “pull the trigger” and have been considering the ramifications of Brexit. Is it going to make the pound weaker or stronger? Should I wait or buy now? Tough to know....the only thing I know for sure is whatever decision I make will be the wrong one in the end!
AHH, the $64m question. Truth is, no-one knows for certain about future currency fluctuations, but I'd guess it'll be reasonably stable for a while. Markets hate uncertainty and, for now at least, the previous unknown of whether the UK leaves or not has been resolved. That said, this only takes us into the transition phase so expect some movement later in the year as the real negotiations start heating up.

The real drop in the £ happened in May 2016 when the shock result came in, and hasn't really recovered since then. You probably find all the negative connotations have been factored in; until the whole thing turns into a sh!tshow that is :eek:.

Good time for overseas customers to buy British goods, that's for sure!

Tough to know....the only thing I know for sure is whatever decision I make will be the wrong one in the end!
On the contrary… as long as you buy a Seaskin in my opinion you are making the best possible choice in terms of quality and price. The only problem is that it takes time (up to 2 or 3 months) to get it delivered. Apart from that, based on all the research I made there are no better options…

As for the pound, nobody really knows what will happen. In the next months perhaps things will be more or less similar to now since there is the transition period. After, the more the Brexit will be bad for the UK, the more the pound exchange rate will be low and convenient for those who buy from abroad. Anyway I live in a country of the European Union and I had to listen for months the anti-British propaganda. The UK was supposed to collapse and experience famine, food supplies shortage, zombies attacks as long as the Brexit referendum would deliver a Brexit result. Until now in the UK instead there was not the Armageddon they spoke about

Any specific reason you want the trilam over the neoprene?

I have one of each. If I were to only keep one, it would be the trilam.

- It's lighter and faster-drying, so better for travel
- Front zip, so I can don it completely by myself
- More comfortable in really hot weather
- Telescopic torso allows a better accommodation of a wide range of undersuit thicknesses

I should add: In spite of all that, I will probably dive my compressed neoprene suit a lot more often.

I have never (yet) actually flown with a drysuit. I'm sure that will come, but most of my diving is driving distance.

Most of my drysuit diving is in water of a temp that will work well for neo with thin undies.

Most of my drysuit diving is not when the air temps are really that hot.

I almost always dive with a buddy, who can zip me up.

In other words, trilam is more versatile, but I don't need that versatility most of the time. Which is why I'm happy to have both kinds of suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom