Which Apeks first stages for tech back mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much for postage to get them to Australia?

Yeah $22...no thanks lol

$22 for shipping is still not that bad, try to find 100ea. AS568-111 o-rings in Australia for less than $22 i just checked and scubadoctor sells a pack of 10 for $9 plus $15 for shipping. however the real savings comes when you order all the other o rings and if you order FKM Viton 02 compatible ones. Try to buy Viton o-ring from your local dive shop you mind as well just write them a blank check.

I got lucky and ordered these plus all the other Apeks reg sizes, HP, LP hose sizes, and Perdix/Petral battery caps, on my last trip to the US. So I did not have to pay crazy international shipping rates. I probably only paid about USD $60 shipped for hundreds of every size o-ring you could ever need for Apeks regs and that was for the nice FKM Viton ones. I rebuild my regs at a minimum every year due to heavy use so instead of buying the Apeks rebuild kits for $40 1st stage and $25 2nd stage a kit x7 reg = $455 a year I have about a 10 year supply for only $60 plus the cost of HP seats, diaphragms, the little rubber seat in the 2nd stage but I stock up on these whenever I am in Dahab as the shop there sell them to me for a good price (sorry cant remember off the top of my head what they coast). Even if I paid the international postage fee to me its still well worth it in the long run. It only takes buying 7 rebuild kits for $455 once be for you figure out really quickly a way to get things for a lot less cost. Especially if you have to do that every year.

To the OP, are you planning to attach a transmitter on the right post first stage?

Yes my transmitter will go on right SPG on the left.

Just tried new MTX-RC maybe that is valid option for you. Comes standard with 5th port and turret is better than DST. Also you can but it as Double tek set, so you get hoses and pressure meter all in same set.

The price for each here in US is literally almost twice the DST, ouch. With the fact I know the DST is proven I'm thinking go with DST.

Yes my transmitter will go on right SPG on the left.

If you will be using a transmitter, the choice of 1st stage will make a big difference. The hose routing with added transmitter will not work well for either DS4 or Tek 3 first stages. A transmitter on an FSR 1st stage will work but you will not be able to tilt the FSR to an angle. The top of the transmitter will hit the tank preventing you from tilting the FSR. This is on a BTS isolator manifold. I’ve not seen a transmitter on a DST right post. I’m assuming it’s possible. But I’m guessing that it will encounter the same issue as the FSR wherein you will not be able to tilt the DST to a downward angle. Perhaps others will chime in or post pictures on a DST setup with a transmitter.

I’ve not seen a transmitter on a DST right post. I’m assuming it’s possible. But I’m guessing that it will encounter the same issue as the FSR wherein you will not be able to tilt the DST to a downward angle. Perhaps others will chime in or post pictures on a DST setup with a transmitter.

On a DST right post the transmitter routes nicely with a short HP hose. It can be bungeed in front of cylinder neck where it is protected and out of the way.

On a DST right post the transmitter routes nicely with a short HP hose. It can be bungeed in front of cylinder neck where it is protected and out of the way.

Hi, Thanks for your input. Yes, you can use a short HP hose to attach the transmitter, but it would be so much better to just connect the transmitter directly to the 1st stage HP port.

Unfortunately, I think the bottom line is —- attaching a transmitter directly to the right post 1st stage for any Apeks 1st stage reg will not yield optimal positing of the 1st stage (i.e. slightly tilted down inward 35-45 degrees). Attaching a short HP hose to the transmitter will make it work but then HP hose is an added point of failure. I don’t know but this is probably also true for Scubapro Mk25 regs that’s quite popular for doubles.

No issue with an Uwatec transmitter on the right post using a FSR with a 5th port.

Yes, but you won’t be able to tilt the FSR to a downward angle. The downward angle will allow you to move your head back closer to the manifold valve (for trim adjustment and better situational awareness). The 5th port hoses will block your head from moving up. Looks like the best solution is attaching a short HP hose for the transmitter.

Yes, but you won’t be able to tilt the FSR to a downward angle. The downward angle will allow you to move your head back closer to the manifold valve (for trim adjustment and better situational awareness). The 5th port hoses will block your head from moving up. Looks like the best solution is attaching a short HP hose for the transmitter.
Nope, FSR are angled without issue. Might depend on tank and valve combination to give enough clearance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom