Palau, What to do with Extra Days???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We didn't have enough time on either of our trips to have done much more than the kayaking, so I'll leave that to others, and no we haven't been to Thailand. But if you're staying at PPR it's a pretty nice place to hang out and wander around so do spend some time enjoying that, may as well for the price. The snorkeling off the beach is great. You can even shore dive from the op there if you haven't had enough after the liveaboard week, though it can sort of be muck diving depending which way you head (not that that's a bad thing.) You can also walk over to the Japanese seaplane ramp historic site.

If you are interested in storyboards the prison store had a way better selection than the regular shops.

Hello, what was your experience with MV Solitude One. I am considering a trip to Palau next year and they are on my short list of possible liveaboards.

I can seriously suggest the day tour to Pelilieu, if you have any sort of interest in history. The boat trip is a good ride in itself, and we found Pelilieu fascinating. Mind you we only went to Palau to dive wrecks. Sams dive shop organised the trip for us. There were 5 of us and we had been diving with Sams. Just a note some of the tour involves some fairly serious hills that you need to climb

When my flight was in the evening, instead of paying and staying at a Hotel, I booked a half-day tour via Sams´s and it was easily organized to be dropped of in time at the airport afterwards.
I enjoyed a full day kayaking tour as well and it was great. Pelilu has already been mentioned. Another good option would be to do the land tours that Sam´s is offering. It took us to some beautiful sites including the waterfalls.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom