What Is Your Favorite Way To Spend The Rest Of Your Day In Coz After A 2-Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReadyTo Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So much to do… So many options… What is your perfect way to spend the rest of your day on the island after a 2-tank morning?

Go for a two tank afternoon dive! :) Then have dinner downtown.

Go for a two tank afternoon dive! :) Then have dinner downtown.
Alternating days with a taco or two and guacamole for lunch then a siesta during the heat of the day. Followed by a lazy afternoon on our balcony watching boats come and go. After the sunset a stroll through town to our restaurant choice for dinner. Another stroll back to the room to prep for the next morning dive. :)

I'm pretty lazy on dive days. After getting off the boat at the downtown pier, usually walk to Casa Cuzamil and grab a table on the roof for lunch and a margarita. The breeze on the roof is nice. Sometimes Thirsty Cougar, or Cuatro Taco for variety. Then back to the hotel and a shower and a siesta. Later a walk along the Malecon or hang out in the square reading and people watching, and deciding which restaurant to go to for dinner. I'll be back there in about a week, can't wait. :)

With another 2 tank afternoon trip. Then an anejo tequila, shower and head to dinner with a bit more extra anejo. Bed and repeat. Sometimes skip the afternoon dive and do a night dive instead. Those days I eat more and skip the anejo.

When not picking up an afternoon 2-tank, head back to the house where a light lunch awaits. Drink a couple of beers with lunch and sleep until dinner. I then watch a little tv and then sleep until the next morning. Wash, rinse, repeat. Last day get on airplane. Last trip: 12 days 30 dives. Would have had 35, but I fell and cut my knee on the 8th day and passed on 5 dives over the next four days (an p.m. 2-tank, a twilight 2-tank, and a night). Drink a little, dive a lot. I can drink when I'm back home. I didn't get the moniker Margarita Mike in Mexico. :wink:

Cheers - M²

Shower, wander into town, get the big meal of the day if you haven't eaten since the night before, head over to Cerveceria Punta Sur for a few beers/cocktails and then grab some tacos on the way home.

Cerveceria Punta Sur
https://maps.app.goo.gl/dLrSWwX3izHstrGt8

Punta Sur was founded by ex-dive guides and seems to be a popular hangout with current guides and divers. And it's the only brewpub on the island and the lionfish pizzas are great.

Back
Top Bottom