Anybody been to KBR/Lembeh recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, good food great guides 2-1 ratio, well run, great service, big camera room, well designed boats, jetty for the boats. For meals they have long tables so for us solo travellers it can be social. I enjoyed my stay there in November.

Thank you. I've met people in my travels that swear by them.

24 hr power but it doesn't mean that there aren't interruptions here and there. They do have in-house generators. Free wifi but it tends to weaken a bit when inside the room. But at least to me, it checks off all of my requirements and those of the OP, with the possible exception that the food leans towards Indonesian/Asian, as opposed to Western.
So I wouldn't expect steak and pork chops.
But that Indonesian/Asian is very savory, and very mild by normal Indonesian standards. I can't see how it won't satisfy most palates.
All meals are
served buffet style, and there is always ample fruit. Also in keeping with the ecofriendly theme, little to no fish.

I might also add that I can imagine that it is difficult to retain resort managers for long that far from "home". So in those three trips from 2014 to 2018, I have seen two resort managers, and now there is a new pair running the operations. But the owners still maintain a presence - they live there - and it appears that their vetting and selection process is pretty good because I did not see a deterioration of any kind over those 3 trips.

I'm talking to NAD. I'm also talking to Dive Into Lembeh. This is actually hard, because we just loved, loved KBR and it would be so much easier to just book with them again....

Huge NAD fan here. AC was so cold I had to turn it off in the middle of the night. Good food. Great guides. They are definitely one of the places in the Indonesia dive industry that "get it."

+1 for the NAD resort. I just got back from a 3-week trip. I agree with matts1w that the AC works great (fully adjustable) and they only had to change over to generator power a few times in 21 days. But, you would never notice that they were running on a generator unless you saw the lights go off and then back on within a minute or so. I will say that the location of NAD is perfectly situated in the middle of everything and tucked into a protected cove (take a look at Google maps). I saw the Dive Into Lembeh resort while there and I'm not sure they have a dock for the boats. The dock situation may not sound like a big deal if you are not lugging a camera in and out of the boat. The NAD dock is floating and super simple to transfer in and out of the boats.

Regarding the managers: Sam and Bella are really nice, always willing to assist and make sure you have the best experience possible.

Sounds very good. I wish they dove Bangka.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom