Anybody been to KBR/Lembeh recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t know about the a/c. I assume it’s 24 hours.
I can say for 6 nights, full board, 3 dives/day with a single supplement is about $1200.

Thanks

I did a lot of research the last time we went and we only decided on KBR when they matched the 2 to 1 diver/guide ratio. So, with that out the window this time, I contacted NAD, Black Sands and Solitude, just waiting for their reply.

The other disturbing matter is the flight from Singapore to Manado. After May 5, it's going to be operated by Scoot and when I called them today I was told that they had no idea when it was available for booking. We used to be able to incorporate the flight into our award travel on Singapore Airlines but they told me that they cannot do that any longer...hmmmm.

I did a lot of research the last time we went and we only decided on KBR when they matched the 2 to 1 diver/guide ratio. So, with that out the window this time, I contacted NAD, Black Sands and Solitude, just waiting for their reply.

The other disturbing matter is the flight from Singapore to Manado. After May 5, it's going to be operated by Scoot and when I called them today I was told that they had no idea when it was available for booking. We used to be able to incorporate the flight into our award travel on Singapore Airlines but they told me that they cannot do that any longer...hmmmm.

Well that's a bummer.

At Divers Lodge Lembeh we have a 2/1 or even 1/1 ratio guide/guest ratio. Two of our bungalows are having air conditioning. But the stairs could be a problem for bad knees. White Sands or NAD seem to fit your preferences I think. I wonder if Gangga is the best choice for December however. The swell from the Northeast can be disturbing. You could consider our Weda Resort instead. That time of the year is the perfect season for the Halmahera Sea.

When I went to Black Sands, it was January if I recall correctly, I was the only guest at the resort. 3 guides to 1 diver, woohoo.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't carry me up the stairs.

My last three Lembeh trips were at NAD, the last one in November 2018. Love the accommodations, the food, the staff, it's still two divers per dive guide, and price is reasonable. They get my vote as well. Ask for a beachfront room as opposed to the hillside bungalows and there will be no stairs to climb.

My last three Lembeh trips were at NAD, the last one in November 2018. Love the accommodations, the food, the staff, it's still two divers per dive guide, and price is reasonable. They get my vote as well. Ask for a beachfront room as opposed to the hillside bungalows and there will be no stairs to climb.

Do they have air conditioning?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom