Shearwater Teric wish list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but the more features are available the more versatile it will be.
The more features the more likely a bug will be introduced.

I don't think Shearwater market their products at the kind of diver who forgets to check their gas settings before splashing.

The auto revert can be useful. Scubapro Galileo has this as an option. It will revert to air after 24 or 48 hours. If you do some continuous dives using nitrox like on a live aboard and then go back home, I will go back to air after that time, if you dive with nitrox and forget to reset your DC then you will be safe from a time point of view (not MOD of course). If you dive with air then all is fine.

Remember these are suggestions for features which can be enabled or not. For some people this may not work, just don’t enable it (that’s what SP does) but the more features are available the more versatile it will be.
I don't know anyone who actually uses the auto revert "feature" on a dive computer unless they don't know how to turn it off. It has certainly caused more problems than it has solved, so on balance I would not support it being added. It only existed in early Nitrox-capable computers as a liability hedge....and has outlived any usefulness it may have once had.

1. A desat time notice similar to other computers.
Not sure which compartments you would be interested in, the fast ones clear in minutes, the slow ones can take a couple of days to fully clear. The tissue loading graph lays it out for you in detail.
2. How about a nitrox reset time which you can customise in hours. After this preset time it resets to 21%
That's the worst idea I've ever heard, right up there with locking up the unit if it gets upset. There's no way a computer should be making changes like that without the diver's direct input.
7. Deep stops. I know that’s new research has shown no benefits, but I still believe in them and don’t think they are harmful. Let the user decide whether to use them or not, in particular, I like the scubapro profile dependant stops but I think that may be patented.
If you want deep stops you can set your gradient factors to whatever you like. That's what GF Lo was designed for.

!!! I would like to see the capability of adding the tank volume into the calculations. This seems integral for properly managing your gas supply and for the computer to properly calculate RMV and SAC. I think many would agree that this feature has numerous benefits

SW should make a bare bones backup computer that can be clipped to a BC.
It should simply have a rec mode indicating depth, dive time, NDL, and max depth with just a couple of configurable settings including %O2 and GF.
Or maybe have bluetooth sync function with the teric.
Maybe create an AI version for a few extra dollars.
Maybe have a tech version with just the necessary tech info.

Buy a second Teric then. :)

!!! I would like to see the capability of adding the tank volume into the calculations. This seems integral for properly managing your gas supply and for the computer to properly calculate RMV and SAC. I think many would agree that this feature has numerous benefits
Actually tank volume is not necessary to estimate how many minutes of gas supply you got left and this is primarily what divers care about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom