First Liveaboard October 2020 (Blackbeards)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leman

Registered
Reaction score
Just paid the deposit for my first liveaboard. Wanted to do something fun for my birthday, and what is more fun than spending it on a boat with a bunch of strangers!? I am starting to make list to make sure I have everything covered.

Gear:
BP/W set up for singles
regs (long hose, back up on necklace)
mask
fins/boots
computer/transmiter
torch

should I take backup computer/SPG or do they have spares on the boat?
spare mask?

Confirmed that they do have a DIN to yoke adapter that I can use to save a few oz packing my own. Have a 7mil suit and a 3mil vest. Most likely going to buy a 2 piece sharkskin or lavacore suit and take that with the vest leaving the 7mil at home.

Still need to renew my passport, pick up DAN insurance/travel insurance, and book flights.

Anything yall recommend I get/do or anything big I'm missing

Bring spring clips/clothes pins to attach your towel and wet stuff to the line for drying.

Don't delay renewing your Passport, I have read that some countries are getting stricter about allowing visitors with new passports but I don't know about the Bahamas.

There's a lot of threads on SB about Blackbeards, just use the Search function to find them. Congratulations!

Bring spring clips/clothes pins to attach your towel and wet stuff to the line for drying.

Don't delay renewing your Passport, I have read that some countries are getting stricter about allowing visitors with new passports but I don't know about the Bahamas.

There's a lot of threads on SB about Blackbeards, just use the Search function to find them. Congratulations!

had already planned on taking spring clips, 2 quick dry towels, and the various other tips and tricks I’ve read up on. I guess right now I’m looking for tips in the preplan/Pretrip phase.

I would take a back-up computer, mask, a back up light, and possibly a light for your tank if doing a night dive. I would not take a spare PG but I would check the spool to make sure the O-rings are OK. If it was me, I would take my own DIN to yoke adapter in the event they do. not have enough, etc.our own

You may want to take a save-a-dive kit with Orings, mask strap, fin strap but I would keep it to a minimum. Make sure your computer batteries will last the week. If close, change them.

Have a good trip.

I would take a back-up computer, mask, a back up light, and possibly a light for your tank if doing a night dive. I would not take a spare PG but I would check the spool to make sure the O-rings are OK. If it was me, I would take my own DIN to yoke adapter in the event they do. not have enough, etc.our own

You may want to take a save-a-dive kit with Orings, mask strap, fin strap but I would keep it to a minimum. Make sure your computer batteries will last the week. If close, change them.

Have a good trip.

currently dive a Teric+transmitter with no SPG. Haven’t had a bit of issue out of them. That’s why I’m debating carrying one.

Blackbeard's has a helpful checklist plus FAQ's: Trip Info for Blackbeard's Details, Rates, Hotels + Checklists

They say a snorkel is required, so I brought a pocket fold-up snorkel, but when I got there, they said we didn't have to take it.

I brought a small (red) Glo-Toob electric light stick instead of chemical light sticks for night dives. The one I have has 7 modes including SOS, though one colour is fine.
They asked us not to wear flashing white (I think it was?) strobes because they put theirs under the boat to identify it for night dives. The red chemical or electric light sticks and I believe the green were fine.

I took an SMB and thumb spool in a pocket on my harness, plus EMT shears in a sheath.

The wind and rain can whip through Blackbeard's, particularly during a rough crossing into open sea, so a hoodie and windbreaker come in handy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom