Bali diveprices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ministryofgiraffes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all, I’m going to Bali, researching diveshops and trying to get a feel for prices. Need some input as I’m finding quotes to be very expensive IMO. Getting averages of around $40 USD per dive on nitrox..and that’s when offering to buy a pack of 30+ dives which are all shoredives with no rental gear at all and no transport or park fees..as it’s housereef stuff...so basically $40 for a filled tank..and that’s it.

just seems a bit steep. If you are an experienced diver in Bali, could you chime in with what sort of ballpark I can/should expect?

this is all north shore stuff as well, no ‘soma bay tourist trap’ stuff...

tnx.

Who did you get this quote from?
For instance, Liberty Dive Resort is 30USD nitrox and private guide included when you are a "first timer". you add 5USD for a transport outside Tulamben bay no park fee, 10 USD if you need a boat.
Like wise Utama villa 30USD per Nx dive.

And btw it's guided dives, not the caribbean meet-you-at-the-boat style, so it's not about just filling the tank.

Liberty Dive Resort gives you your own van and driver. Th excellent guides prepare your equipment , even taking it into the water for you , are amazing spotters and will even take a photo if the critter is too small for you to see. All for 30 dollars !

Nitrox is included (28%), boat trip add $10, ergo $40

What price are you used to paying? I can't recall last time that I paid less. OK, I can. Roatan was $30 but no nitrox and was a couple+ years back.

What price are you used to paying? I can't recall last time that I paid less. OK, I can. Roatan was $30 but no nitrox and was a couple+ years back.
Philippines sometimes.

Philippines sometimes.

Certainly, I'd have been happy to pay less than $40 per boat dive but considering most places are $50+, $40 with nitrox was alright.

Just finished our last diving in padang bai, total 8 boat divings, with nitrox, privately guide by the most experienced dive guide in the padang bai, probably in Bali, among local - he is the legend - total cost approx. USD 236.
Before PB, we spent 4 nights in Tulamben, steps away from the wreck, total 21 shore dives, nitrox, private guide, total USD 661 including 4 nights accomodation, excluding transportation to dive sites melasti, bulakan, seraya, since we used our rental car.

Thanks all, looks like diveconcepts is the place. $20 for shorediving apparently. That’s more the price I’m looking for. I may swing by liberty for 48 hours to dive the wreck. Is liberty dive resort the closest to the wreck? I want the closest.

‘basically, for no kit rental and nitrox I’m used to paying $45 in Belize with a minimum number of dives over 2-3 weeks, and that’s all boatdiving..where they need.....a boat, a captain, fuel etc.

Bonaire I pay $6 a dive for nitrox with no gear rental.

so, kind of thought $1200 usd was steep for 30 ‘show up shore dives’

Oh, and zen in lovina was one of the $40 quotes.

Everybody dives the wreck in Tulamben and will bring you three, there's no need for a fancy dive op, just a guide that will show you around.
Technically the closest op will be Puri Madha but Ocean View or Liberty are less than 100m walk to the wreck.

You will need more guiding for the rest of the dives, otherwise you won't know what you'll be looking or searching for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom