Canon Housing Leaks - Easy DIY Fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve lost two Intova action cams. Both the same issue, small leaks that ruined the electronics. The first was at 36 meters depth, so I made a complain and a new was sent at shipping cost. The new one also leaked, so I decided ir was enough. I have abandoned the Canon + UWH, because I was afraid of a new leak. I switched to SeaLife permanent sealed concept and I will never go back.

I lost 2 canon a720 cameras in the canon housings, it put me off underwater photography for a few years, I changed the orings, removed the mold lines etc & even tried a new housing & it also leaked, so now I am back with a new camera & a sea & sea housing but it still makes me nervous taking it diving.

If it's any comfort, Canon housings, even new, are the problem. I had bought a brand new Canon WP-DC34 for a G12 and it passed the bucket test. On the first test dive, it leaked. On the second test dive, same result. I ultimately used my backup GoPro and aimed to replace/fix it once I got home. Canon was no help, as they shipped the housing to two Canon repair facilities, which eventually just sent it back to me with a note that said they don't fix accessories! I did the mold line fix myself and it's been working well ever since. Don't let your experience with Canon's housing color your underwater photography experience!

Back
Top Bottom