Teric Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To end the saga of the bug-ridden Teric: I worked with the LDS to replace the unit. It was tested in the pressure pot and in the pool and worked well. I'll find out in 2 weeks how it does in the Caribbean. Thanks for all the response.

To end the saga of the bug-ridden Teric: I worked with the LDS to replace the unit. It was tested in the pressure pot and in the pool and worked well. I'll find out in 2 weeks how it does in the Caribbean. Thanks for all the response.

S...

Glad to hear it's sorted to your satisfaction...and disappointed to note that after seven pages of posts Bruce Partridge didn't bother to get involved...at least not on open forum...I'll stand corrected and extend apologies...if he did in fact PM you...

Make sure you take a back-up with you...

W.W...

"saga", well..... sure it's unfortunate, and but with each step it looks like they took sensible steps, tested it, and those didn't fix the bug(s)/hardware issue(s). Sometimes uncommon or complex faults might take a bit of digging. That's what's happened in this case.

To re-cap:
•Your new computer failed (no comms) and a new transmitter was provided, it was tested and worked.
•Same failure. FW updated and the depth sensor was replaced (I assume the DC was tested)
•DC replaced, tested and works.

S...

Glad to hear it's sorted to your satisfaction...and disappointed to note that after seven pages of posts Bruce Partridge didn't bother to get involved...at least not on open forum...I'll stand corrected and extend apologies...if he did in fact PM you...

Make sure you take a back-up with you...

W.W...

SW (and their service centres) are renowned for their amazing service, repairs, and quick turn-arounds.

I don't see anything positive happening If users start having unreasonable expectations from a company that already excels.

I would love to see SW Cloud improve, and new features on their DCs, but if I/we starting jumping up and down too aggressively it's not going to help anyone. I think a collaborative approach is superior and applying that to the case above, their service area/centre can and did handle it appropriately.

Just an Aside opinion. Redundancy. If I were to use any AI Dive computer, I would without a doubt have a SPG on my reg set. Everyone has an additional Second Stage regulator, why not redundant method of seeing Gas Supply. Also the AI gadgets seem handy only in logging gas usage for future planning.

Just an Aside opinion. Redundancy. If I were to use any AI Dive computer, I would without a doubt have a SPG on my reg set. Everyone has an additional Second Stage regulator, why not redundant method of seeing Gas Supply. Also the AI gadgets seem handy only in logging gas usage for future planning.
I just bring a spare transmitter.

Change the transmitter underwater - mid dive?
No if diving a normal profile I know how much air I have based on time, if not normal profile I end the dive. There is nothing wrong with having an SPG on you all the time but I don’t see the need based on several years of AI use with only one transmitter failure and it died in my shop. I don’t always dive with universal good practice, many do as you suggest and it not a bad idea at all.

So if the transmitter fails mid-dive you change the transmitter underwater - mid dive? There are 2 HP ports on 1st stages.
I use 2 transmitters and 2 AI computers that are both synched to both transmitters. It might be overkill, but works for me.

Back
Top Bottom