Which Apeks first stages for tech back mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read that thread, but was even more confused after, thats why i decided to measure myself.

I read that thread, but was even more confused after, thats why i decided to measure myself.
They're definitely 111s
103E0BB9-7F79-4940-B15A-B1DDADA9ED33.jpeg

They're definitely 111s

What is your reference for this?

I have succesfully used both nitrile and viton 111 rings, but I am still not sure if original Apeks DIN rings are exactly that size. Some sources say they are epdm.

The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from.

The DGX page for the PU O-rings has a pretty good write up on the bottom. There's the original DIN (German, and therefore *metric*) standard. It uses specifically defined o-rings, that are unusual for *everyone*. Then there's the AS568 sizes that are close, and which people used because it's what they could get. Then there's the manufacturers who deviated from the DIN standard to better use the o-rings everyone was using. Then there was slight changes in the standard! So the answer of "what size o-ring does this reg use" is pretty metaphysical at this point.

But what I've found *works* in the Apeks regs (and their clones) are the DGX PU o-rings. At $5 for 5 they're not cheap, but in the grand scheme of things, they're not exactly a noticeable cost in the world of SCUBA... My regs are DGX by Deep6, but I've given those o-rings to Apeks users with the same problem. I'm pretty sure I've given them the same ones I used (112's), even though everything says they won't work.

Also, here's a link to McMaster-Carr for the true metric o-ring: McMaster-Carr . DGX has that size if you go into their Viton O-ring page and select the right item from the drop-down: 2.4x11.3. (They also have them in Nitrile, and Poseidon-branded -- for four times the cost! :) )

I wish I could get the true DIN size in PU, but I haven't been able to find that yet.

Yes as others have said Apeks uses AS568 -111 o -rings NOT a 112 which is what most other DIN connections use. If you use a 112 they will pop off all the time. This is a common mistake first time Apeks users make. I have around 10 apeks regs and never had an issue with any of them or o-rings coming off.

You can buy a bag of 100ea. of them from AS568-111 B70 (NBR) Buna-N Nitrile 70 Duro O-Ring [B70111] : The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy! for $1.90 its really not that big of a deal that they are different from others. For a whole $2 you can get a lifetime supply of them. And if your really worried about it you could order 1,000ea. of them and then you get a discount drops the price down to $13 for 1,000

Yes as others have said Apeks uses AS568 -111 o -rings NOT a 112 which is what most other DIN connections use. If you use a 112 they will pop off all the time. This is a common mistake first time Apeks users make. I have around 10 apeks regs and never had an issue with any of them or o-rings coming off.

You can buy a bag of 100ea. of them from AS568-111 B70 (NBR) Buna-N Nitrile 70 Duro O-Ring [B70111] : The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy! for $1.90 its really not that big of a deal that they are different from others. For a whole $2 you can get a lifetime supply of them. And if your really worried about it you could order 1,000ea. of them and then you get a discount drops the price down to $13 for 1,000

The stock out of the box orings on all 4 of our apeks regs that were installed by apeks in manufacturing continually blew out.

If you saw my last thread I'm going into tech diving.

I will not be doing cave.

I'm getting Apeks regs for my doubles, please I dont want to hear get this brand instead.

I'm going with XTX50 seconds, I'm wondering which first will be best for hose routing, must be cold water rated. I plan to have a brass and glass on one first and my transmitter on the other, I also plan for wing on left and drysuit on right.

So the options look like DST, DS4 or TEK, which route the best?
Just tried new MTX-RC maybe that is valid option for you. Comes standard with 5th port and turret is better than DST. Also you can but it as Double tek set, so you get hoses and pressure meter all in same set.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom