Ocean Reef in the US - is ANYBODY there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colliam7

Tech Instructor
Staff member
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
OK, I admit that the title may be just a wee bit aggressive./ :) But, my question is serious.

I have sent two emails to what I understand to be (from the OR website) a valid email address (education@oceanreefgroup.com) - one before the Christmas holiday, and one several weeks after. NO response to either.

I thought my question (about OR service technician training opportunities) was straightforward. Maybe not. Maybe, I used a 'no longer monitored' email address. But, to paraphrase a statement often used in RSVP invitations, 'the favor of a reply is requested'.

Does anyone have any recent experience with OR? OK, maybe, I just need to call rather than email.

Yeah, just call. I don’t have an email handy, but I just did my tech training for the 2nd time in November. They had an instructor from Europe (Rene, the guy in their “how to” videos) bouncing around the US for a bit after DEMA. Not sure who else teaches the course in the US.
But if you are not associated with a retail account, I don’t think you will get too far in your quest.

Yeah, just call. I don’t have an email handy, but I just did my tech training for the 2nd time in November. They had an instructor from Europe (Rene, the guy in their “how to” videos) bouncing around the US for a bit after DEMA. Not sure who else teaches the course in the US.
But if you are not associated with a retail account, I don’t think you will get too far in your quest.
Thanks.

The good news is, I am associated with a retail account, hence my desire for the training.

I see from their website that they offer courses in Europe quite a bit, not as much in the US. I wish (hindsight is always great) that this situation had developed before DEMA, I perhaps could have raised it with them there.

Good luck, you might be waiting until DEMA 2020. I got the impression they are "between hires" for a key US tech training position. Aside from contacting the office, also touch base with your local sales rep.

I got the impression they are "between hires" for a key US tech training position.
Funny you should mention that - I had a sense that part of the lack of response to the emails was that the person who would otherwise respond is no longer there. :)

What was Rene like in person, as a trainer? I like their / his videos from the perspective of 'demonstration quality'. If he is the one doing most of their training, I imagine he is quite busy, looking at their training schedule online

Funny you should mention that - I had a sense that part of the lack of response to the emails was that the person who would otherwise respond is no longer there. :)

What was Rene like in person, as a trainer? I like their / his videos from the perspective of 'demonstration quality'. If he is the one doing most of their training, I imagine he is quite busy, looking at their training schedule online
He is pretty good. He also did instructor training. I think it was 2 days each, which was almost back to back with DEMA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom