Hi from Paris, France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breizman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

Thanks for welcoming me on board.
I'm going to Queensland, Australia in late April and I'd like to know what kind of wetsuit thickness is best for that time of year in the region.

Cheers!

Welcome! For info about what to wear in Australia take a look at the sub-forum for that area. Navigate back to Community and scroll down till you find it. Good luck!

I thought they just wore uggs and thongs...... I'm right, right?

Welcome to Scubaboard! We're pleased to have you join us.

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip, in the fullness of time.

I was there in early May 2019.
The water out on the reef between Cairns and Ayr was about 24-25°C.
I was also diving around Sydney and the water then was 20-21°C
I used my drysuit for long dives in Sydney and a 3mm at the GBR. The 3mm was comfortable for me diving the reef. I noticed many of the more local divers wore 5mm. I'm a bit more used to cold water.

Welcome to Scuba Board! Enjoy Australia; never been. Are you going to do any topside touring? I imagine seeing salt-water crocodiles in the wild (from the safety of a boat, not while diving or swimming) would be sweet!

Richard.

Thanks for your warm answers!

I'm going to stay 1 month in Australia, and mix scuba and land visits.
I will start in the South, in the Neptune Islands area to try and spot some great whites, so there I'll rent a 7mm.
After that I'll move North progressively and finish in Northern Queensland. As I'm pretty used to cold waters I think a 3mm could be enough on the GBR, but it looks like the locals prefer to use 5mm. Well, I still have some time to make my mind :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom