D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do. Planning to hit the quarry here before too long. Kind of cold for me in NC but I’m going to do it anyway. 7mm wetsuit. I’m going to be cold. I can attach an A700 to go along with the R195. Similar to what @rsingler did.

Awesome, looking forward to your assessment. Thank you.

Will do. Planning to hit the quarry here before too long. Kind of cold for me in NC but I’m going to do it anyway. 7mm wetsuit. I’m going to be cold. I can attach an A700 to go along with the R195. Similar to what @rsingler did.
(Sorry. Off topic) Which quarry do you dive?

Fantasy Lake. Why do you ask?
Looking for other interesting options, especially with our new drysuits. Currently diving PDRA American Quarry. Water temp 52 to 53 about 2 weeks ago. Fantasy is a bit of a drive for us so just curious if it might make a worthwhile weekend trip. (and maybe a chance to see a 420 too:wink:)

Hi congratulations to all for the info specially @rsingler, I'm a fan of the D series start diving with the Air1 back in the 80' and love the natural breathing, currently use the D400 metal orifice, so I'm interested to buy D420 only second stage.
Look forward

I really don't understand SPs marketing strategy on this one, do they want to sell them or not? I've been told they will not be available for single sale until the end of this year. They could at least offer it with an MK17.

I really don't understand SPs marketing strategy on this one, do they want to sell them or not? I've been told they will not be available for single sale until the end of this year. They could at least offer it with an MK17.
Obviously they have an over abundance of MK 25’s and all of the doors already have stops.:eek:

:rofl3:

More grist for the mill! :D
As noted before, SP has gone eco-friendly. The kits come in paper bags!!
This one was expensive! Over $50 retail.
But you do get the new orifice each time.
IMG_20200128_180626539.jpg

This would be one time to demand all your old parts when you get service! A well-cared-for orifice will last years!
20200128_180905.jpg
Interestingly, the poppet is now called the "Stem Ass'y"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom