ScubaBoard Fallfest MegaDive 2019

Which is your favorite ScubaBoard MegaDive Event, The Spring or Fall?

• Spring

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Fall

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouch. Did they say why?
One seldom admits to greed. I went to a memorial today for Rich Courtney and they charged us to get in. Sure, they gave us a %10 discount and the use of a pavilion, but really, to profit off of someone's death is unconscionable. Especially so when he was probably responsible for over a 1,000 admissions to the park. When I go, if anyone decides to have a memorial, please, please, please don't do it at Ginnie. Peacock, Troy, or even my acreage would be acceptable.Just not Ginnie.

ScubaBoarders pay at least $50/day or $100/weekend to camp and dive. Historically, we bring in anywhere from 70 to over double that. So at 100 divers, that comes to $10,000 income for the weekend where ScubaBoard makes absolutely nothing, nada and squat. They want us to enforce their rules and we're not a dive shop. In addition, due to their draconian rules, we can no longer bring in manufacturers unless that gear is being sold by Ginnie Springs. So, I guess we vote with our fins. While I love to dive Ginnie, I did not renew my annual pass this year either. They obviously don't care about us as a community, so I support this decision to take our money elsewhere. No, I'm not bitter and I doubt this will impact them in the least, except the $20,000.00+ in lost yearly revenue, but I won't support or promote those that won't support our community.

My husband and I attended the fall mega fest for the first time and had a very negative experience with Ginnie Springs. The springs were beautiful, but to make a long story short, their stringent and nonsensical policies ruined our trip.

I don’t know if it’s big enough to accommodate everyone, but the owner of Vortex Springs is great. Their policies are reasonable and they give great customer service. We were very impressed.

I don’t know if it’s big enough to accommodate everyone, but the owner of Vortex Springs is great. Their policies are reasonable and they give great customer service. We were very impressed.
Vortoberfest was a fun and festive event we had for years. Yeah, that's a fun place, but it's a long hike for many. Glad you brought it up.

The Vortex Spring may be a bit small for 70+ SB'ers. Too bad about Ginnie, I was going to go for Fallfest, but my daughter was 11 and they restrict diving to 12 and older, and she would have been pretty bummed to not be allowed to dive. We went over to Vortex and Morrison for that weekend. I was planning to go to the Fallfest next time. I guess I'll wait and see where it is now.. That is pretty low to profit off the loss of a guy who has brought that much business to them.

One seldom admits to greed. I went to a memorial today for Rich Courtney and they charged us to get in. Sure, they gave us a %10 discount and the use of a pavilion, but really, to profit off of someone's death is unconscionable. Especially so when he was probably responsible for over a 1,000 admissions to the park. When I go, if anyone decides to have a memorial, please, please, please don't do it at Ginnie. Peacock, Troy, or even my acreage would be acceptable.Just not Ginnie.

ScubaBoarders pay at least $50/day or $100/weekend to camp and dive. Historically, we bring in anywhere from 70 to over double that. So at 100 divers, that comes to $10,000 income for the weekend where ScubaBoard makes absolutely nothing, nada and squat. They want us to enforce their rules and we're not a dive shop. In addition, due to their draconian rules, we can no longer bring in manufacturers unless that gear is being sold by Ginnie Springs. So, I guess we vote with our fins. While I love to dive Ginnie, I did not renew my annual pass this year either. They obviously don't care about us as a community, so I support this decision to take our money elsewhere. No, I'm not bitter and I doubt this will impact them in the least, except the $20,000.00+ in lost yearly revenue, but I won't support or promote those that won't support our community.
I'm bitter.

They're a bunch of jerks.

...When I go, if anyone decides to have a memorial, please, please, please don't do it at Ginnie. Peacock, Troy, or even my acreage would be acceptable...

Heck, there still may be chili that could be served at your place! Great seeing you yesterday - appreciate your help!

For MegaDive, Venice Beach sounds interesting, Wonder if BHB, LBTS or Blue grotto are possibilities.

Heck, there still may be chili that could be served at your place!
Sandy, I have seven 2-quart bags I filled in the freezer and a bowl of chili every day for a week or two. Man, that was awesome chili! Er, is. :D :D :D

BHB would be hard to find camping close enough and man, it's crowded on the weekends.

What is LBTS?

Yeah, parking can be atrocious on a weekday, much less a weekend. There are campgrounds near Venice, Fl and some might be on the Peace river where you can also go fossiling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom