Ruta Playas collectivos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northerndivermike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone used the collectivos that go to the east beaches?
There appears to be 2 . Do they run daily or only on the weekends?
And most importantly will tourists be welcomed or is it designed for locals? (Mod edit)
I realize the taxi union has a big say on the island but IMO collectivos are welcoming to tourists in every beach town I have visited in Mexico.
I will be travelling solo for a few days and cannot justify a taxi for 1 to the east side
Last year I walked everywhere in town but might consider renting a bicycle a day or 2 this time

It would be refreshing to see an answer to the OP's question.

What was the original question? Oh, collectivos. Right. Nah, anyone can take them. Just don't spill your beer on the person sitting next to you.

What was the original question? Oh, collectivos. Right. Nah, anyone can take them. Just don't spill your beer on the person sitting next to you.
Thank You for your reply
More specifically Is there still a collectivo that goes daily to the EAST BEACHES?
Will it be busy? Would a non local on this particular collectivo be depriving a local of a possible ride to work?

Thank You for your reply
More specifically Is there still a collectivo that goes daily to the EAST BEACHES?
Will it be busy? Would a non local on this particular collectivo be depriving a local of a possible ride to work?

The only part of that question that I can answer is if you are depriving a local of a ride to work. They will sit on your lap so don't worry about it. and they usually leave every five minutes

There is an app that will give you collectivo routes, in the App Store called Uniper. The app updates in real time so you can see where you can is.

Here’s a link to an article about them:

Colectivos routes and schedules

Doesn’t appear that they go to the East side.
Thanks ChuckP
Here is the service I am referring to.
Ruta Playas Cozumel

Thanks ChuckP
Here is the service I am referring to.
Ruta Playas Cozumel

If they are a legitamate company then AOK, if not........

Transportation for hire on the island is tightly controlled and you can't get much tighter than that band of brothers. I have had nothing but good experience with the taxi service here.

I checked and this is the service that has been discussed on C4U facebook page now and then. Seems it started in 2018 and ran a few months before shutting down. Some mentioned they lost their permits. From what I gather it's a cheap but unreliable service (so far). It's only $4 and operates 10-5 but no set schedule. They leave from the station on 75th when they have minimum 5 people. Sounds like getting to an eastside bar is easy enough, but then you'll not know when or if another one is coming around for you to catch home or the next bar. I personally wouldn't risk using it unless they can guarantee they will send one around once an hour even if there is no one at their station.

I checked and this is the service that has been discussed on C4U facebook page now and then. Seems it started in 2018 and ran a few months before shutting down. Some mentioned they lost their permits. From what I gather it's a cheap but unreliable service (so far). It's only $4 and operates 10-5 but no set schedule. They leave from the station on 75th when they have minimum 5 people. Sounds like getting to an eastside bar is easy enough, but then you'll not know when or if another one is coming around for you to catch home or the next bar. I personally wouldn't risk using it unless they can guarantee they will send one around once an hour even if there is no one at their station.
No matter what east side bar you are at, a taxi is only a cell phone call away. It may not be the cheapest option but you can always get back.

Back
Top Bottom