Which spool to attach transmitter to HP hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BalekFekete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Just received a new (to me) Perdix AI and will be installing it on a short hose to my first stage. The question I have is what spool should I be using? My only other experience with AI was on my Suunto Vyper Novo which came with the spool/flow restrictor as part of the recall update.

Thanks in advance!

why do you want to put it on a HP hose? Just screw it into the first stage.

I do mostly liveaboard diving and the crew/deck hands are constantly pulling the tanks on and off the dinghies before/after dives and moving equipment around regularly. Some methods to do this are better than others (2-person carries) but for the single person carries, and how sometimes the tanks get stacked/piled on the dinghies after dives, it is a better idea for my diving situation to have it on a short HP hose than have it directly on the first stage without one. Many dinghies have you take off your gear before getting on and they pile or lean/stack the BCs/tanks on one side of the dinghy. It provides less resistance when it is on a short HP hose. Most deck hands/crew know not to grab the transmitter and know what it is. My concern is more about other tanks/hoses pulling/pushing against it.

Because some people do and it suits the way and environment in which they dive

which is fine so long as they can justify why they're doing it. If not, it's just adding unnecessary cost and potential leak points... For single tank diving, my first stage is canted off at almost a 90* angle, so they can't grab the transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom