BPW Recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only one (butt) dump, apart from the corrugated hose of course.

Length of hose from bladder elbow to tip of inflator is 50cm. Bear in mind that my wing is a 25d though.

I can choose between 40cm or 50cm with Rapid Exhaust Valve (REV), hence my question (I am assuming the REV is in the hose and not in the dump.

I don't get how the 3 exhaust valves are counted (I can count 2 dump + hose).

I can choose between 40cm or 50cm with Rapid Exhaust Valve (REV), hence my question (I am assuming the REV is in the hose and not in the dump.

I don't get how the 3 exhaust valves are counted (I can count 2 dump + hose).
Can't answer regarding the new configuration as mine is a couple of years old now. The 50cm hose and inflator is probably a bit long, so I'd be happy with 40cm.

Regarding wing quality I kinda prefer the Finnsub outer skin material to the Halcyon, but it's probably just a personal preference thing rather than anything fact based.

After some additional research and careful consideration, I am leaning towards Tecline:
1) 13L Donut Wing (1000D - read on a different thread that Finnsub 2000D wings are harder to pack when travelling);
2) 3mm steel backplate;
3) DIR harness;
4) Two tank bands with steel buckles;
5) No STA or pockets.

Would make sense... as the deniers is half the finnsub..

If you go 1000D some are -25% on dtd (but only some with colors sorry)

Not true a all.

For now I am considering Tecline over Finnsub because:

1) I can buy it locally;
2) Price is similar: online shops that have better prices do not reply to messages;
3) There is some chance (even if low) based on reviews that I will will find it harder to pack when traveling.

I might be wrong but I think the Tecline have an STA. Nothing wrong with this but if packing is very important to you you might want to keep this in mind

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom