Dive Operator in Puerto Princesa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings All, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a dive shop in PP? Will be visiting this November and wanted to see if anyone could give me some feed-back.

Thanks for your time.

SeaFlea

I'll be heading there in March, haven't chosen an operator yet, but I can report back with whomever I use.
I'm also hoping to get a Freediving course in - but it doesn't look like Puerto Princesa has any freediving operators there- again, i'll let you know otherwise...

I would also like to know this answer! My husband and I are heading to PP at the end of March, and he needs to do his AOW (he's been putting it off for too long and it is a requirement for another dive trip at the end of the year). There doesn't seem to be many reviews on this forum on dive ops in PP.

Let me know what you find, Jay-K! So far, I've contacted Dive Puerto Princesa, Let's Dive Palawan, Shark Diving, Island Divers (as mentioned above) as well as Cooper's. Based on google reviews (!), we may try Let's Dive Palawan. We are open to recommendations!

I had a calendar reminder to go onto this forum and update this thread when I returned to Canada, and boy - this sure seems silly now.... I did go to Puerto Princessa, and used "Dive Puerto Princessa". Just me personally- I would be hesitant to use "Island divers" - If i'm flying all the way across the world, i'd prefer to use a dive outfit that has taken the time to set up a website, etc. I'd be nervous using an outfit that has no online presence (unless they were down the street from me...)

My dive master was "Jon" - I believe he is british actually? Good dive outfit, everything went smoothly (I mean, aside from the obvious global pandemic which cut my vacation short in a terrifying, and soon to be hilarious way...) I did my AOW during the beginning of the outbreak, so while it was business as "usual" - China had already shut their borders, so there were VERY FEW tourists in town at all. I was the only one on the dive boat (in early March- normally a busier time of year).

Waterfaerie - I assume you missed out on your trip altogether?!?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom