Bahamas in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leman

Registered
Reaction score
Getting things lined up to do a live aboard in october. Currently I have a 7mil full suit and a 3mil vest. I don’t get cold easy, in fact I have to constantly flush my 7mil if temps are in the 70°s to stay comfortable.

Would sharkskin/Lavacore be warm enough to do multiple days? Take the 3mil vest too?

Or anyone have another recommendation?

Getting things lined up to do a live aboard in october. Currently I have a 7mil full suit and a 3mil vest. I don’t get cold easy, in fact I have to constantly flush my 7mil if temps are in the 70°s to stay comfortable.

Would sharkskin/Lavacore be warm enough to do multiple days? Take the 3mil vest too?

Or anyone have another recommendation?

Water temp is usually around 80F in the Bahamas in October so your sharkskin/lavacore might be all that you need. But you will be doing a lot of diving including some night dives so you might get cold. I would think that the sharkskin/lavacore with the 3 mil vest would be fine but others may have different opinions.

3mm Deep 6 Wetsuit. It's a great deal on a nice wet suit. If you plan on doing all the dives you're going to get colder than you think by the end of the week. Take a hood too.

I did a Bahamas LOB (the Aquacat) a few years ago from 28 Oct to 4 Nov. Water temps were in 77F-79F (25C-26C) range. I did not do the night dives, but I did do 4 dives a day. I took a 3mm wetsuit, but I never used it. Instead, I dove in board shorts, a rash guard & a 3mm vest all week.

If you take a Sharkskin or Lavacore suit you would likely be OK especially if you also take your 3mm vest, but everybody's tolerance is different. Given the choice, I would rather be a bit warm than a bit chilly.

3mm Deep 6 Wetsuit. It's a great deal on a nice wet suit. If you plan on doing all the dives you're going to get colder than you think by the end of the week. Take a hood too.

picked up the deep6 7mil last month down at cave adventurers and love it. Have thought about getting the 3, but figure the 2 piece sharkskin would be more versatile.

At those temps, I can do a couple dives in a 3mm shorty. But, I’m going to be cold by the second day. I would take at least a 3mm full suit.

picked up the deep6 7mil last month down at cave adventurers and love it.

If you know your body size and shape work with their patterns, all the more reason to grab a 3mm before they're gone.

Back
Top Bottom