Domino's UK CFO dead in snorkeling accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PBcatfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This appears to have happened a couple of weeks ago. Did I miss something? Was this already posted?

Domino's UK Chief Financial Officer Died In A Snorkeling Accident While On Vacation

"Domino’s U.K. is in mourning after its Chief Financial Officer died the day after Christmas while snorkeling on vacation.

David Bauernfeind was on a trip with his wife and daughter in Mauritius, an island off the coast of Africa in the Indian Ocean, when he died, according to the Mirror. Bauernfeind’s body was discovered in a lagoon off of the Belle-Mare section of the island late last week, an investigator told the paper. He was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene...

....Mauritius has seen an increase in drownings over the past few years...."

More sources -
https://nypost.com/2019/12/27/david-bauernfeind-dominos-pizza-cfo-dead-in-snorkeling-accident/
Domino’s Pizza UK CFO David Bauernfeind dies in snorkeling accident
Domino's Pizza CFO Dies in Tragic Snorkeling Accident in Mauritius

Would be interested to find out if one of the full face snorkeling masks was used.

Would be interested to find out if one of the full face snorkeling masks was used.

Exactly...I am curious too

Now that this was moved from the Accidents & Incidents forum to the freediving forum, I see that this was already posted there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom