For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

14 GA is 5/64” and 16 GA is 1/16”.
@Soloist, #440 is actually 14 GA. That’s why it 2 lbs 3 oz. it would be just under 2 lbs if it was 16 GA.
There were a few 16 GA plates that I made during that test. I made about 7 plates out of thin material. I thought the 16 GA plates would be too flimsy but they are actually are pretty strong, strong enough.
What gave me the idea was an old thin aluminum stamped out version of a Voit Snug Pack. They used very thin aluminum and the edges were rolled out away from the diver. They were pretty strong so I figured stainless would be even better.
It worked great!

Eric,

Does your family know you spend so much time with us? I mean, at this point, we should be considered your secret Canadian side family.

Eric,

After much deliberation and helpful input from various cronies here on SB, I would like to finalize my Freedom BP spec with you.

Thin stainless steel contour size large (I am 6'4"). Ok, that's it. I am going to go back to lurking now. Thank you for putting up with my back and forth.

Eric,

After much deliberation and helpful input from various cronies here on SB, I would like to finalize my Freedom BP spec with you.

Thin stainless steel contour size large (I am 6'4"). Ok, that's it. I am going to go back to lurking now. Thank you for putting up with my back and forth.
Would you like a wedge with that?

Back
Top Bottom