Hi from Ontario Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good Lord! We’re being overrun by divers from the Great White North!

Welcome from the shores of Lake Michigan.

Do you plan on taking advantage of the fabulous local diving or will you only head to warmer climes?

My plan is to get at least 1 dive every month of the year in Ontario. Being in the cold water is fine getting changed afterwards sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20191227_181000_055.jpg
    IMG_20191227_181000_055.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 52
Shouldn’t be a problem if you’re diving dry.

Hi every one.
I was certified at the end of August and have not stopped diving since. Looking forward to a trip to do some warm water diving in Bonaire in March.

Welcome to Scubaboard and our addiction.

Welcome to Scubaboard. You need to come dive the St. Lawrence this summer.

My plan is to get at least 1 dive every month of the year in Ontario. Being in the cold water is fine getting changed afterwards sucks.
Here in the NS Atlantic I usually do 4 dive days (2 dives a day) in the warmer months--ie. a dive day a week-- (May through Oct.) and 2 dives a month (1 dive a day, so only 2 per month) in the cold months.
Diving wet all year that is all I care to do in winter. Not gunna fool with a surface interval between dives in January, and am lucky if the one dive lasts 20 minutes. For years we "snowbirded" to FL 3 months, so buying a drysuit made little sense. Here, there is no real point in doing any more dives than I do in winter as it's to the same sites I'll see come the warm weather.

Welcome. If you aren't aware, in February there is the Toronto Outdoor Adventure Show at the International Centre (near the airport). It is a great source of information for divers as well as dive travel.

Enjoy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom