Help ID'ing First Stage Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dead dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
s-l1600.jpg

Scroll down to see Spiro Supra XL 1987. First stage looks like a match?

The made in France stamp on the yoke and yoke screw looking like US Divers/Aqualung helped with the search.

A bit of trivia from the website...
"In 1998, probably after the death of Commander Cousteau's Aqualung brand decided to put all the products manufactured by LA SPIROTECHNIQUE, US DIVERS, TECHNISUB and SEA QUEST under the same name, AQUALUNG"

Scroll down to see Spiro Supra XL 1987. First stage looks like a match?

The made in France stamp on the yoke and yoke screw looking like US Divers/Aqualung helped with the search.

A bit of trivia from the website...
"In 1998, probably after the death of Commander Cousteau's Aqualung brand decided to put all the products manufactured by LA SPIROTECHNIQUE, US DIVERS, TECHNISUB and SEA QUEST under the same name, AQUALUNG"

Thank you, Kupu.

What caught my eye was the redundancy, having the same outlets on each side.

Two HP's and four MP's total. What were they thinking of building a first-stage like this?

It was like two first-stages built into a single-stage regulator.

On the other side of the yoke is stamped 3000psi.

Interesting. It looks like the cousin of my circa 1991 XL model.

I still use it, although piston replacement parts are almost obsolete. I would like to find a DIN conversion for it.....

Attachments

• 20200101_215722.jpg
    20200101_215722.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 118
Hi DD Your reg is a "Supra XL First version April 1987 Its a compensated membrane with two outputs HP and 4 LP outputs Only a few thousand were produced certainly one to keep and endeavour to get wet, differs from the second Supra model 1988-89 being very square.Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

That reg was marketed in the US as the 1st Generation US Divers SEA that first appeared in their 1988 catalog. In 1989, the body was redesigned to what they used for many years thereafter.

image014.jpg
The first Generation Seaquest Regulators had it as a First stage too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom