DIY P-valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addison Snyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have any experience making a DIY P-valve? I'm thinking about doing that as opposed to buying a $100+ purchase.
DIY P-valve plans
While this plan seems legit, I was wondering if anyone had a shopping list or anything. I've searched around and added stuff to carts, but am questioning how the bolt fits to the 90 degree piece. Every piece like that seems to have a male threaded end.

that looks like it will be an unbalanced valve. look up balanced vs unbalanced to see if you want to subject yourself to that

Anyone have any experience making a DIY P-valve? I'm thinking about doing that as opposed to buying a $100+ purchase.
DIY P-valve plans
While this plan seems legit, I was wondering if anyone had a shopping list or anything. I've searched around and added stuff to carts, but am questioning how the bolt fits to the 90 degree piece. Every piece like that seems to have a male threaded end.

$100...pee on self...hmmmm

No honestly good luck and definitely tell us all about results!

that looks like it will be an unbalanced valve. look up balanced vs unbalanced to see if you want to subject yourself to that
I does show a balanced one in the inset.

I does show a balanced one in the inset.
youre right I missed that. however looks like a bulky piece next to your member....better watch suit squeeze

Y
youre right I missed that. however looks like a bulky piece next to your member....better watch suit squeeze
You do not place it there, it is placed like any other P-valve. This looks exactly like the commercially available p-valves that you could purchase a few years ago and maybe still today.

Found one:
Balanced P-Valve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom