BCD on Alixpress - the Chinese answer to Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see from the description it has a rubber colorectal tube, is this a new novel way of inflating it?

Who dives with an 11.5" colorectal tube?

I thought 14" was standard.

Who dives with an 11.5" colorectal tube?

I thought 14" was standard.
Damn, you guys have huge ***holes

Oh, you meant tube length, not diameter. Sorry. Carry on.

it doesn't compete with halcyon. just like hyundai doesn't directly compete with mercedes, different segment of the market. it is a functional wing for divers on a budget that can't or don't want to pay the traditional markups on scuba gear.

I handle imports from China on a daily basis (customs broker/freight forwarder). I’ll be damned if I deliberately order something directly from China like this, especially if I could get something American-made (Dive Rite is what I currently have for doubles), although some components probably come from overseas.

Exactly...

Comparable quality/performance/durability can be argued all day...the primary draw-backs for any of these products is having to wait a month and a half for something you can get locally either by buying direct...or two day on-line delivery...and the difference between having full after sales support and absolutely no support...

I'm also a little biased...China is currently holding Canadian Nationals on trumped up charges with the underlying reason being political and having nothing to do with the individuals being held...

As hard as it is these days...I'm trying my best to not knowingly purchase anything originating from China...

W.M...

All in all the best option in Italy remains this one:
Bags Sport Diving Products - PRODUCTS
It's a factory that works for other major brands and sells directly with its own brand
"Chinese" prices but made in Italy, with a warranty and it complies with the EU standards.
Don't know if with the shipping expenses it still makes sense for those who buy from the US. For sure it does make sense in Europe

Some of their products are also sold here
Scubalandia | Negozio Online per Sub | Attrezzatura Subacquea Tecnica

All in all the best option in Italy remains this one:
Bags Sport Diving Products - PRODUCTS
It's a factory that works for other major brands and sells directly with its own brand
"Chinese" prices but made in Italy, with a warranty and it complies with the EU standards.
Don't know if with the shipping expenses it still makes sense for those who buy from the US. For sure it does make sense in Europe

They sell directly on-site ot do they ship it?

They sell directly on-site ot do they ship it?

Both, but the owner Michele Tutino actually prefers to ship the products, you can search his contacts on the website. He doesn't have a real physical store, it's a factory

it doesn't compete with halcyon. just like hyundai doesn't directly compete with mercedes, different segment of the market. it is a functional wing for divers on a budget that can't or don't want to pay the traditional markups on scuba gear.

It's just a matter of time before Halcyon loses its brand appeal as a result of the price it charges for its wings and plates. People buy replicas/knock-offs of major apparel and accessories brand without giving second thought. As long as the LV or YSL logos are on the bag, and it looks half way decent, women buy these all day long. The bicycle industry is already full of this stuff. People will pay for the lowest cost alternative, if available. It's quite an aluring offer, to have the appearance, supposed function and supposed "quality" of a high priced brand item at discount pricing.

Cool Italian site.

Call me biased or whatever but I’d opt for the Italian products since Italy has excelled in the plastics and rubber industry across a wide spectrum of applications since after WW II.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom