Stepping back from customer service on Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How can I say this? No one deserves online static. Be well.

I've been away from SB for a long time and don't know you guys at all, but if it is any consolation that damn dive computer thread kept popping up while I was reading wetsuit reviews last night (so I could figure out what size Bare I wanted to order from LP). Finally I gave up, clicked on it and went to your site to read about this dive computer that has everybody up in arms and ended up ordering a wetsuit from you guys instead.

You and Landon being present on SB played a significant part in my decision to purchase my regs from you in 2018. Deep 6 regs are regularly touted here and I've been in the water with other divers who were very happy with them, so I knew I would be getting a good product, but also seeing you here and knowing that you are reachable gave me more confidence. It was also nice to get the feeling that I was buying from a person/group of people who take pride in what they do, and not some soulless corporation.

Your participation on here is why I bought three regs from you guys. Thanks for your advice and quality equipment!

I echo these sentiments in full myself. My wife's side of the family has owned a small business for 140 years now and counting, so I've always had a soft spot for the people with the strength to go out and compete in any industry where size matters, be it in share of voice, ability to purchase at discounted prices, you name it. Both @LandonL and yourself were instrumental in getting myself and my wife setup with the Deep6 gear we have.

I truly hope this step back helps recenter the operations as you want them to be, but that you can maintain a presence here on SB as well, even if through the PM system. The personal touch matters, so please try not to lose that in as much as it's possible.

Back
Top Bottom