Stepping back from customer service on Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on what I saw in that thread, it's totally understandable.

Maybe just reduce commenting unless it's questions in your sub-forum like I see of the one other brand that likes to engage their customers do. It was their customer service/engagement that finally convinced me to go with them and it is why I'll be buying from you. I'm sure I'm not the only one that this is the case.
Engaging with the customer is good. Just maybe adjust how much, where and only when really needed.

Based on what I saw in that thread, it's totally understandable.

Maybe just reduce commenting unless it's questions in your sub-forum like I see of the one other brand that likes to engage their customers do. It was their customer service/engagement that finally convinced me to go with them and it is why I'll be buying from you. I'm sure I'm not the only one that this is the case.
Engaging with the customer is good. Just maybe adjust how much, where and only when really needed.
Engaging with customers is good. Ignoring trolls so you can engage with customers is really good! Getting upset about legitimate potential customers not reading through 50 pages of thread and re-asking a question? Ehhhh....

I mean it is what is. It’s the internet, it’s better not to take things so seriously. That changes a bit when you’re trying to run an online business; you have to put up with more annoying things, nature of the beast.

Engaging with customers is good. Ignoring trolls so you can engage with customers is really good! Getting upset about legitimate potential customers not reading through 50 pages of thread and re-asking a question? Ehhhh....

I mean it is what is. It’s the internet, it’s better not to take things so seriously. That changes a bit when you’re trying to run an online business; you have to put up with more annoying things, nature of the beast.
Zero issues with answering legit questions that may have been buried and not seen.

Like others have said, I totally understand. I don't even run a business and I can't stand the way some people act on the internet. I've had to walk away from Scubaboard a couple of times for a little cooling off period of weeks or months.

But, also like others have said, you and Landon being present on SB played a significant part in my decision to purchase my regs from you in 2018. Deep 6 regs are regularly touted here and I've been in the water with other divers who were very happy with them, so I knew I would be getting a good product, but also seeing you here and knowing that you are reachable gave me more confidence. It was also nice to get the feeling that I was buying from a person/group of people who take pride in what they do, and not some soulless corporation.

Anyway, good luck in the future. I hope this decision works out as a net positive for you, and I'm glad to see you'll at least still be available by PM.

Deep6 makes damn good gear. If you don't want/like it don't buy it. How hard can it be.

Me, I'll keep buying your gear and recommend anytime anyone asks.

It's always the putzes that screw things up so we can't have nice things!

It is regrettable that once again, the vocal minority has ruined it for the silent majority. While I understand your need to take a step back, it is unfortunate that it has come to this. I think that this thread shows that you do have a lot of support here on SB.

Hi folks,

First of all, thank you.

We are taking a step back from customer service and product support participation in an open fashion here on Scubaboard. Unfortunately, they just get off track and are a magnet for people that are looking to sow FUD (Fear , Uncertainty and doubt) about our brand and our products.

Our desire and enjoyment of being open and transparent has become something that went from fun to being constantly contentious. Frankly, that's not who or what type of company we want to be. We're human, it's affecting us, and our ability to deliver the great customer service we want to offer.

We are always willing to talk with our customers, give advice, and discuss the type of stuff we used to be able to do on here, it will just have to be via another venue.

Our SB accounts will stay open, so you can PM myself or @LandonL anytime and we will get back to you. Other options include our website, support ticket system, email, facebook page, or give us a call.

Yours in diving,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have enjoyed reading your posts and threads over the years. You are a reasonable and thoughtful person and I admire that. @LandonL has done a very good job of staying above the fray and staying on topic. You both have been honest about your involvement in the business.

I am a fanboi for other products. For me, fanboi status for an inanimate object, company, or person is very thin. No object, person, or organization can be or will be perfect.

Why do people think that someone who holds different opinions, or has different preferences for anything, are somehow casting aspersions against their Gods? These people need counseling.

Most products are made with globally sourced parts. Your products may, or may not have more than another. As long as I know roughly what the content is, I am good with purchasing your products.

Good Luck,
m

I like what I have of your products and will buy again from you, when needed.

Maybe it is a good idea to back away for a while and, if you do come back, have a bit of a different (Q/A only ??) presence.

Another sad day. I'll miss deep6.

I’m impressed with how long you and Dr Lasseter lasted, navigating through the mess. I think it’s a testimony to your character and commitment. It’s unfortunate we couldn’t behave a little more pleasantly.

Back
Top Bottom