oceanic proplus 4 vs atomic cobalt 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dentlfly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i have an old oceanic ProPlus 2 that died and looking to get new computer. i like AI consoles so looking at these two. any comments from those using these computers.

I've used a ProPlus 2 and a Cobalt 2 and much prefer the Cobalt 2. The ProPlus 4 is similar to the ProPlus 2 so I think I would lean towards the Cobalt 2 still. Have you looked at the ProPlus X? I haven't tried one but I would look at that instead of the 4.

some user reviews of cobalt had lots of reliability issues. no such trouble with oceanic. why did you prefer cobalt 2?
thx.

why did you prefer cobalt 2?
thx.

The Cobalt 2 has 4 buttons vs the ProPlus 2 having only 2. I don't need to review the instructions to use the Cobalt 2. The Cobalt also has a bright color LCD screen vs the ProPlus 2 having a backlit black and white segment display. The Cobalt 2 is nicer to view. Both are easy to read, but color is prettier. The Cobalt 2 also has an electronic compass, which is more compact and is not affected by small amounts of tilt. The ProPlus X is similar to the Cobalt 2 for the features that I like (more buttons, color, electronic compass), so I'd be looking at that one too if I were looking at a new AI console. RonR explains the differences here Oceanic Proplus X vs Atomic Cobalt 2 ?

I think the lack of Bluetooth in the Cobalt 2 would be a deal breaker for me as I now take my iPad rather than a laptop when I travel and I like to upload my dives to DiveLog to log and view the profile.

i just bought the proplus X from my local dive shop. he sells the cobalt 2 as well and has 2 in stock. actually bought 2 proplus X. my 13 year old daughter is getting her open water. per the owner of shop, the cobalt 2 is being discontinued; the proplus X is the replacement. i like the air integrated consoles. easier for my eyes to see and much less chance of my 13 year old misplacing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom