Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NerisonBenjamin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, my name is Ben.

I'm currently working on a class project where we're supposed to create a marketing piece for a company we like. I love scuba diving and I decided to make an ad for a scuba diving brand.

I need to find either a small pool with a viewing window or an exhibit pool like they have in some Scuba Rangers events or scuba events.

I've looked into:
  • Doing it in a pool - I would have to create basically a black box made of cloth to absorb any extra light from the lights reflecting off the pool. Also I'd have to rent an underwater cage for the camera we're planning to use which the cage rents anywhere from $500-1000 per day. overall it would be more expensive and time consuming than trying to find a scuba exhibit pool.
  • Dunk tanks - Too short, the lighting is also very confined
  • Building a tank - Doing it safely would be in the $2000-5000 range which I cant afford
  • Mermaid Tank - I reached out to a traveling mermaid company but that didn't work out.
I'm definitely willing to travel to make it happen. I just need to find something thats at least 8ft high and 4 feet wide. Any thoughts or advice is really appreciated. I'll attach photos of examples below.

- Benjamin

Attachments

• IMG_2197.PNG
    IMG_2197.PNG
    454.7 KB · Views: 152
Some pools (I am thinking of my high school pool back in the Midwest) had a window for observing diving techniques. Could you find a pool with a window and use that?

That was definitely an option we looked over. The problem again is trying to control the light and get a large enough light that can safely hang over a pool.

Doing it in a large pool with a viewing window is even more difficult than if I was to do it in a smaller pool. But with a smaller pool I would be forced to rent the camera cage were trying to avoid renting.

So again I'm currently stuck, have you seen it when large scuba companies of the scuba rangers would bring large tanks to show off gear?

Attachments

• Pool Diagram.JPG
    Pool Diagram.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 152
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom