Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with hsinhai. Both dive watch/comp targets the recreational divers market, with atmos having additional "good looking" features. lol

Got my atmos mission early 2019 after bumping into in while i was looking at suunto d5. It was exactly what i was looking for (not too expensive, color screen, "watch" like, good set of features and recognised algorithm). Was so glad that i got it, managed to compare a little with some of my dive mates (deepblu, suunto d4i, crest cr-4).
+ screen color and brightness are awesome for me
+ great screen layout, 2nd to deepblu (they have larger and rectangular screen.. lol)
+ battery lasted well through my trips of at least 3 days (5 to 7 dives) in a single charge, i wear it as a watch when i'm not diving
+ all necessary data are collected and presented
+ less conservative than suunto (dive buddy hit NDL way earlier than the group with default settings)

What setting did you have the Mission One on? You can set your own GF factors from what I read so I think you can make this as aggressive or as conservative as you want.

Not sure, maybe Crest has more traction because the owner was founder of Deepblu previously so deeper existing international contacts in the marketplace. Locally I see more Atmos, but maybe that is just they were 1st to market.

Feature set wise the computers are different parts of the spectrum, color screen+gps+compass vs. low cost+mono dot matrix.. neither have AI

Manufacturing wise (hearsay) I think Atmos assembled in China, Crest have their own assembly. Both Taiwanese engineering teams.

Don't know where the the Crest designed and assembed but I got the latest Black Gold Mission one and it shows Designed and made in Taiwan.

Image from iOS (7).jpg

I sent an email to Atmos info@atmos.app to obtain some additional information, they responded very quickly. It was not in the relatively well written manual https://www.atmos.app/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ATMOS_MISSION-ONE_User-Manual_EN_V2-20191107.pdf, they confirmed that the computer can be set to imperial or metric units. The alarms can be set to audible, haptic, or both, they cannot be turned off completely. The video posted by @tridacna contains good, additional information
Agreed, I had to partially google translate the chinese manual but their responses to couple of my feedback were prompt

What setting did you have the Mission One on? You can set your own GF factors from what I read so I think you can make this as aggressive or as conservative as you want.
Yes we could and we did make sure all of us were on default (or try to since we had no clue how to change the settings for suunto so we assume its on default). As such, I used the default mode because leisure boat dives will never last too long anyway.

Don't know where the the Crest designed and assembed but I got the latest Black Gold Mission one and it shows Designed and made in Taiwan.

View attachment 562571
Nice! i got the normal black-silver version and loved it. Got it on a MIDE promo without the free straps (sadly out of stock)

I look forward to some of the owners of an Atmos Mission One posting their reviews of the computer.

It would be interesting if someone would post the 1st, clean dive NDLs at each of the presets, to see where they seem to fall relative to other computers running Buhlmann.

I had a chance to pick one of these up earlier in the month for just over $300US. I passed on it since I'd never heard of the company and couldn't find any information about the reliability of these watches. It seems like more like an budget version of the Decent Mk1.

I'd love to hear user's comments on how long they've had the watch and how it is holding up. is it still working as it should (are the buttons still responding, is the back light still bright or has it faded, etc.)

Curious where did you see it offered for $300?
A LDS here in Chile was unloading their last one(s). They no longer have it though.

Divers Supply has them in stock and Edge Hog Dive Gear has become the exclusive NA Distributor for the Mission One units. Here's a short YouTube video
I've dove the Mission One and it is pretty cool unit color screen, few smart watch features, easy easy to use, Bluetooth with app. It's not a Tech computer but excellent for the mass majority of divers out there.

I was going to buy one as a backup but with the price jumping around so much I will wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom