PO2 dive computer warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put your puter at 1.4 like the rest of us do unless you have a good reason for it. the idea of being extra safe by using 1.2 is an over reaction. MUCH LIKE PUTTING ON A SECOND SEAT BELT in your car. Next see what your setting is for 33/34 fresh or salt water or en##### and if available what your surface pressure is set at if it has that setting. the dangerous part of the ppo2 curve is at about 1,65. 1.4 provides plenty of safety margine.

Put your puter at 1.4 like the rest of us do

Just because you do it doesn't mean the rest of us do it. I don't. My computer is set for 1.6, for good reason.

Norm I think you missed the point. His PROFILE SHOWS LESS THAN 30 DIVES. So you have to ask why he is using other than the standard 1.4. 1.6 is not inclined to cause all the alarms discussed . the 1.2 would. The next point is that if he thinks that 1.2 or as some has suggested in other threads, 1.0 is safer,,,,,,,then what he is getting is what he has asked for from the compluter and the alarms are not unusual. My intent was to recommend use the standard accepted 1.4 unless he has a valid need not to do so. I doubt that he has a valid need with <30 dives. If his use of 1.2 was from unfounded advice he should rethink whether that advice was both wise or not and whether it was received from someone that knew what they were talking about and if it was applicable for the same type of diving he is doing.

Shearwaters don't have audible alarms.

It appears as though Terics have audible alerts.
From the Teric manual:

Audible and Vibration Alerts
In addition to visual alerts, the Teric has audible and vibration alerts
to help quickly notify the diver of warnings, errors and dive events.
The alert notifications settings can be changed in Main menu > Alerts.
It’s important the diver is aware of what type of alert notification they can expect on a dive. The currently selected alert notifications are shown on:
• The owners information screen
• The surface screen
A Test Alerts tool is also available in the Dive Tools menu and should be used regularly before diving to ensure the beeper and vibrator are functioning properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom