Anilao Trip Resort: Winter at Buceo Anilao with Amazing Guide Benji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Trecker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from 5 days at Anilao during 1st week of January. Had just spent 5 days at same resort in May, and while I was curious of other sites, in the end, the ease of location of Anilao ends up saving 2 days of travel which can be spent diving. Also, while I don't normally think of reefs as having 'seasons' visiting Anilao in January was a different experience from May. Many different creatures and fish on the reefs. For example, many active mantid shrimp and many with eggs. Was quite fascinating how distinct it was.
Buceo Anilao has such good, reliable, terrific facilities and people Everything operates so smoothly and predictably. If there are ever any bumps, they always fix them right away. They are so diver and guest friendly - especially the manager Dave. They are also so responsive. Can't really ask for more. They could up the variety in the breakfast, but just small things like that.
Dived with Guide Benji this time, who I had worked with before, and he was really terrific. We were in a boat with another really good new guide Jimson. Was very impressed with his finding skills - really impressive. Found frogfish the size of a pea. Benji, Enzo, or Jimson all great choices!!! Such awesome experiences. Continue to strongly recommend.

PS: Since I could not dive the last day, I did a stop at Taal on the way to the airport and hiked into the crater. Really hoping all well with the people there. I was fortunate to have visited the day before it happened. It has really had a huge impact on people

Thanks for the report! I am planning to go there in Dezember. Did you made a black water dive ?

Back
Top Bottom