My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is ducting tape, but the most common brand is duck tape, and calls it that , JS ;-).
Get The Original Duck Tape® | #1 Recognized Duct Tape Brand

Duct tape, also called duck tape, is cloth- or scrim-backed pressure-sensitive tape, often coated with polyethylene. ... During World War II, Revolite (then a division of Johnson & Johnson) developed an adhesive tape made from a rubber-based adhesive applied to a durable duck cloth backing.‎

It is ducting tape, but the most common brand is duck tape, and calls it that , JS ;-).

Right. So the proper term to use is "duct tape" unless one's intent is to specify that particular brand, "Duck Tape," of duct tape.

The classic example of incorrectly using a trademark or brand name when their intent is to refer to a generic item is saying "Kleenex" instead of "facial tissue."

I google for things a lot, even when I use bing. And don't the folks around you ask for a coke when in fact they mean pop or soda?

What shops are you using? I've been up and down the eastern seaboard and tons few different countries and there has pretty much always been nitrox tags. Either way, it's a moot point.

How far south have you been? Fort Lauderdale? Key Largo? Pompano Beach?

I google for things a lot, even when I use bing. And don't the folks around you ask for a coke when in fact they mean pop or soda?

Velcro would like a word with you.

Anyways I now I have yellow masking tape, I will give it a try this weekend.

Considerably less that $27/roll
upload_2020-1-20_16-40-27.png

CCDS will occasionally use the GUE labels on the tanks, depending on who is working the fill station. But the local shops around me use only use the official labels on rental tanks, everyone else just uses blue masking tape.

Considerably less that $27/roll
View attachment 562702

But don't you wanna ride that H train? All the cool kids are doing it.

Just be lucky you can get it from Extreme Exposure for ONLY 27 bucks a roll. All those "eastern atlantic" weenies are paying 40 dollars (EU) for the honor and thankful to be graced by GI3's cross-atlantic goodwill gesture. And you don't even wanna know how many Aussie koala's it goes for.... well, in the interest of demonstrating just how fantastic of a deal the EE price is, 89 criminal pounds (no quokkas).

(The really stupid thing is that $27 is cheaper than other non-GUE analysis tapes, which blows my effing mind to be honest)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom