Scuba Diving in Roatán, Honduras - January 2020 (4K)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EvilOtter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here is the video from our last trip to Roatán in January 2020. We had an amazing time diving with Barefoot Divers, Roatán and Jackson's Dive Centre.

This video is a bit of a departure from my usual fare. Through our time in Roatán, we have become acutely aware of the precarious state of coral reefs as a direct result of climate change and other human-related stressors. As such, I feel compelled to share what we have learned and the dim future that may lie ahead.

I would like to make special mention of the Roatán Marine Park and Bay Islands Reef Restoration for the excellent work that they continue to do to support these fragile ecosystems. Please share with your friends and do your part to save our coral reefs.

Thank you! Did you shoot this yourself?

Ever so much fishier than when I was last on the island, perhaps even fishier than when I was first on the island. Very pleased to see such.

Thank you, Chilly! Yes, this is all my own work. I shot it over the course of about ten dives in late December-early January. Everything, except some of the macro stuff, was shot on the south side. The top of the reef is quite fishy due to the strong upwellings that come from offshore. Otherwise, I wouldn't describe it as any more fishy than usual.

Beautiful video. Ironic that it's a video about protecting coral reefs and one of the divers in the video is shown repeatedly smashing into the reef. Someone needs to have a talk with her about her buoyancy skills.. unless she has the skills and just doesn't care.

Thank you, Chilly! Yes, this is all my own work. I shot it over the course of about ten dives in late December-early January. Everything, except some of the macro stuff, was shot on the south side. The top of the reef is quite fishy due to the strong upwellings that come from offshore. Otherwise, I wouldn't describe it as any more fishy than usual.

Certainly looks there is more life than there used to be when I dove out of WestEnd on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom