Got certified, now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget the most important thing to do after you're certified:

HAVE FUN!

@NothingClever "Bühlmann - proven since 1965"

Most of what I know about the Buhlmann algorithms comes from Powell's Deco for Divers. ZH-L12 was published in 1983 (1984 English). ZH-L16 was published in 1990 and 1993. ZH-L8 ADT was published in 1994 or 5 (not in English). I don't know when a Buhlmann algorithm was first implemented in a dive computer

Most of what I know about the Buhlmann algorithms comes from Powell's Deco for Divers. ZH-L12 was published in 1983 (1984 English). ZH-L16 was published in 1990 and 1993. ZH-L8 ADT was published in 1994 or 5 (not in English). I don't know when a Buhlmann algorithm was first implemented in a dive computer

You’re right and thank you for the correction. I should have been clearer that his research started in 1959. I wrote 1965 from memory. After looking at my course books I learned my memory sucks more than I remember (crappy pun intended).

You’re right and thank you for the correction. I should have been clearer that his research started in 1959. I wrote 1965 from memory. After looking at my course books I learned my memory sucks more than I remember (crappy pun intended).
The older you get, the faster time goes, I should know :)

I have a 1991 Alladin Pro that says it uses Dr. Buhlman's algorithm. 6 tissue groups. It doesnt do nitrox, otherwise Id use it all the time.

The older you get, the faster time goes, I should know :)
Like a roll of toilet paper. The less there is, the faster it seems to go:)

buy your own gear. It most likely won’t be the last time you do so:wink:

Is Jason Voorhees still lurking around the bottom of Lake Pleasant with his machete? Seems like a dangerous place to dive.

I'm particularly interested in what some of you did to get more dives in that didn't involve getting another certification?

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate lake diving? Maybe I just did too much of it the 1st 10 or 12 years. The one GOOD thing I can say about lake diving is that it made me a great diver. Having the ability to navigate, control buoyancy, and perform work etc in low vis condition should help you become a better diver hands down. The biggest downside for me now is I am the default diver to get anchor work done at one of our ski lakes in Ft Worth, and its DARK, COLD, and ZERO vis. It is essentially diving blindfolded and you best have a knife and gloves on. I often joke about how beautiful the reef and tropical fish are down there after I come up. :D

Come dive in warm water :) Or head to Florida. Get experience in a few different places and don't only dive in the same place.

Most importantly, don't stop learning, and don't let idiots ruin your dives. You can ALWAYS thumb a dive and come back later. Nothing underwater is worth dying for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom