Talked to Scubapro US yesterday and they said the Mk19 is a go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lt CHEG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I decided to call Scubapro US customer service yesterday and just flat out ask if the Mk19 is coming to the US. I was told that it is coming this year but the person I spoke to was unsure of specifics as far as when it was going to be released and what not. She was also unsure if the Mk19 was going to be available as just a first stage or only as a part of a combination. She believed that it would only be available as a first and second stage combination but was unsure of what second stage would come with the Mk19 first stage. I just thought I would share this as in my opinion at least, this is great news.

Agree, I’m excited for it. Rep had indicated May timeframe. As with the D420 offering, I assume it will remain packaged with whatever second stage for a season or two and then be released as purchasable first stage only.

That is already a package outside the USA....

I’m glad some people want the swivel feature, it may help with selling the first stage, I am happy with the MK 17 both EVO and pre EVO, for my use the hose routing is perfect. I do want to try a 420 though the G260 and S600 are so nice I can’t imagine something that is better.

For Europe the mk19 will be packaged with the d420 indeed, then probably available by itself 6 months down the road according to SP guy at the boot show

I am happy with the MK 17 both EVO and pre EVO,

Did it make any difference in use if EVO or pre-EVO at all? Or is it just passive cold water protection only? I have several pre-EVO MK17's and wondering about the EVO version.

Did it make any difference in use if EVO or pre-EVO at all? Or is it just passive cold water protection only? I have several pre-EVO MK17's and wondering about the EVO version.
Hose routing is different, the EVO HP is more straight out, the old 17 points it towards you, the LP hoses on the EVO are up/down and the 17 is front back, I’ll go out and take some pics and post them here. I mixed up the LP routing, it opposite of what I said here, corrected in next post with pics. I sort of prefer the EVO routing for the HP position and the old style for the LP especially when using a long primary hose.

Back
Top Bottom