Paralenz is about to launch a new Camera, WOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually it would be almost $300 difference. 750 euros is right around $830 us. The current model sells for $549 directly from paralenz.

Actually it would be almost $300 difference. 750 euros is right around $830 us. The current model sells for $549 directly from paralenz.

This is what I received: 749 USD/EUR

This is what I received: 749 USD/EUR
So they have different prices for Europe and us? Why would Europe be charged more? I also don’t see why they would force people to use a larger camera. Not everyone is going to want the added bulk for a viewfinder. I do as I think it’s a cool feature, but I know a lot of other people could care less about that. It would make more sense to keep the cheaper smaller model with no viewfinder for people who want a smaller profile camera. I guess only time will tell.

The price for the older model was indeed a 749 Euro a while back. It seems that they dropped the price recently. I have their price list which I received few months ago and it says 749 Euro as MSRP. So, the price for the new camera is the old MSRP for the older camera when there was no new camera.

upload_2020-1-20_2-47-47.png

It would make more sense to keep the cheaper smaller model with no viewfinder for people who want a smaller profile camera. I guess only time will tell.

Perhaps they are going to keep both in the line. I don't know for sure at this point.

The price for the older model was indeed a 749 Euro a while back. It seems that they dropped the price recently. I have their price list which I received few months ago and it says 749 Euro as MSRP. So, the price for the new camera is the old MSRP for the older camera when there was no new camera.

View attachment 562558
Well if they can pull off a price drop from $832 us down to $549 I’ll be all over it. I just don’t think that’s going to happen when it releases

Ah that’s right. The damn VAT. Always forget about that.
Gotta feed our governments :p

While I love my Paralenz (and their HQ is walking distance from my home) I am a bit skeptical about 4K HDR in this price range. I am really curious if they can pull it off as something that makes a difference vs. the good ol' Paralenz. I think it will have more to do with limiting exposure issues in cases like exiting wreck (dark) to the sea (very bright), where now you have one of part of the scene over/underexposed than achieving the "true" HDR vibrant colors that people would love to see (which is, I am guessing, beyond the HW limits of the camera)

Back
Top Bottom