Paralenz is about to launch a new Camera, WOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anything about price?
damn... I believe he said around 750euro... I have a doubt now but certain it was in the 700's (I'm sorry it was a jam packed day) the current one is 549euro here as for comparison (dunno the price in $)

how large is the viewfinder? i already find the rear screen on gopros almost too small to be useful. that is a big upside of the hugyfot housing is a much larger live screen.

Anything about price?

Same price as the current model as I was told by my contact at Paralenz.

4k60, as it should be. Well worth considering for this year's invasion!

I wonder why they're tracking water conductivity. Seems odd. Maybe a multi sensor package they installed had that capability so they said why not.

My guess is that it has to do with depth accuracy. On the shearwater dive computers you have 3 choices, fresh, salt or some kind of European setting. Being that the paralenz shows your dive during replay with the depth etc. I would think that is what it’s there for but could be wrong. I’ve been a GoPro guy for years but after seeing the Paralenz in person post dive it is my next camera for diving. It does not require a red filter and does all the adjustments on its own at depth it is miles beyond any GoPro. Don’t get me wrong, the GoPro is awesome post production as long as you have the settings set before diving and you have a red filter. But you have to put it on and adjust your settings etc. the Paralenz is stand alone. Yes you can buy 2 new GoPros for the price of one Paralenz but the results speak for themselves. Don’t take my word for it. Prove it to yourself. Go on YouTube and look at the comparisons. I did and was blown away. I then thought it was all marketing until I went to my local dive shop and watched their own videos shot with the Paralenz with no post edit, just straight off the camera and at depth beyond 45 to 50 feet and beyond. The purples were purple, reds were red and blues and green were blue and green. To capture that same quality with a GoPro the color has to be set to flat and then they are brought out post edit.

Glenn

Same price as the current model as I was told by my contact at Paralenz.

weird. Seems like it’s going to be a “new model” not a replacement. And according to the post above it’s over 700 euros which is more than the current model.

weird. Seems like it’s going to be a “new model” not a replacement. And according to the post above it’s over 700 euros which is more than the current model.

MSRP doesn't mean the "street price" or what it actually sells for in the stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom