For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What wings are you going to use?
Right now I use DGX and Apeks for single tank. Also looking to buy a 18# wing and leaning towards Argonaut unless used deal on other brand turns up.

Right now I use DGX and Apeks for single tank. Also looking to buy a 18# wing and leaning towards Argonaut unless used deal on other brand turns up.
Is it the new DGX wing like this one?
DGX Singles Wing - 30lb lift | Dive Gear Express®
I have no knowledge about the Apex wings to know if you’d need a rail bracket or not to be able to use that wing. Ideally, the VDH and Oxycheq wings are the wings that I know work without a rail. The new DGX wing may work as well because it has roll control cushions top and bottom but I have not seen one in the flesh.

@Eric Sedletzky - I’m not sure if I’m on the list or not (been forever and my brain is a little foggy, but I am pretty sure I requested to be added through the previous way you were collecting names).

No big deal if I’m not on yet, but would like to get added for a medium SS. Have the 18# argonaut wing.

Thank you sir!

edit: just found my request on Jan 20, 2019 through a profile post :)

Is it the new DGX wing like this one?
DGX Singles Wing - 30lb lift | Dive Gear Express®
I have no knowledge about the Apex wings to know if you’d need a rail bracket or not to be able to use that wing. Ideally, the VDH and Oxycheq wings are the wings that I know work without a rail. The new DGX wing may work as well because it has roll control cushions top and bottom but I have not seen one in the flesh.
My DGX wing does not have the roll control feature shown in the link, but the Apeks does.

If the current agreement is that the rail serves little purpose for performance and comfort when using a wing with built in roll control, I will drop the rails and use suitable wings to keep it simple. Thank you for the discussion!

@Eric Sedletzky - I’m not sure if I’m on the list or not (been forever and my brain is a little foggy, but I am pretty sure I requested to be added through the previous way you were collecting names).

No big deal if I’m not on yet, but would like to get added for a medium SS. Have the 18# argonaut wing.

Thank you sir!

edit: just found my request on Jan 20, 2019 through a profile post :)
Yes you are the list and you’ll be coming up in this current run.
You wanted a med. s/s?

My DGX wing does not have the roll control feature shown in the link, but the Apeks does.

If the current agreement is that the rail serves little purpose for performance and comfort when using a wing with built in roll control, I will drop the rails and use suitable wings to keep it simple. Thank you for the discussion!
The problem is the rail has trouble working with wings that have roll control cushions like VDH and Oxycheq because the foot of the rail is too wide and won’t fit down in between the roll cushions.
So instead of telling people to cut the roll control cushions off of their nice expensive wings just so they can use the rail, I made use out of the roll cushions that come factory on those wings and incorporated them as an integral part of the design. If you want some angle to the tank I make a simple wedge that bolts on over the wing on the bottom and kicks out the bottom of the tank a few degrees for comfort. Some people can’t tell the difference and some people swear by them. The rail has now been designated as an “adapter” bracket for wings with no roll control cushions, or if the slots don’t line up, or if the wing has no slots at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom