3 Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amoses

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to Grand Cayman June 9-16. First time I have stayed in Grand Cayman. Experienced diver, non diver wife, extensive diving experience in Cozumel. Staying in a Paradise Pointe rental 1/4 mile North of 7 mile beach. Probably will rent a car. I have narrowed dive ops down too Indigo Divers, Turtle Divers, and Living The Dream Divers. Can anyone compare and contrast these three dive ops?

I've gone with Indigo and Living the Dream. Both are great outfits. Indigo will run a slightly smaller boat and max of 6 divers. LTD runs slightly larger boats and groups - but still small and manageable (I think they limit it to 8 divers). Both will let you dive your computer. Both will change over your gear between dives and carry it to you as you sit at the end of the boat. Both provide towels and snacks (although LTD seems to always have something freshly baked by Liz, one of the owners). Both will pick you up and drop you off. I went out with LTD a couple of days ago. 8 divers split into two groups of 4. Both go out of west bay dock, which is very close to where you will be staying. I usually go with LTD as I prefer afternoon dives (and I had a couple of friends working as DMs there when I first started diving with them). I also did my AOW with LTD and it was a fantastic experience (see When to take AOW? ). A couple of my neighbors go exclusively with Indigo as they are friends with Chris and Kate. You can't go wrong with either of them.

Involved with a local op. Would pick Indigo hands down if it was my choice based on their local reputation. Not involved with Indigo :)

Flip a coin. All 3 are outstanding and it just comes down to personal preference. My own personal preference happens to be DNS Diving. In June, all of these operations will be diving north wall if conditions allow. If you are staying at the north end of 7MB, then also be sure to take advantage of shore diving at Sundivers and or Lighthouse Pt. Great shore diving operations on an excellent area of reef and wall.
Our routine on GC is to boat dive in the AM and then shore dive for PM and nights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom