For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_IF_ you start an EZ Pak thread later in life, I want one of those too! Just trying to get in early. :)

@Eric Sedletzky

Do you confirm orders when someone gets close on the production queue? For example, I'm curious about the 14GA option, but don't want to change my order until we get some more feedback on them.

@Eric Sedletzky

Do you confirm orders when someone gets close on the production queue? For example, I'm curious about the 14GA option, but don't want to change my order until we get some more feedback on them.
I PM people when I have their plate done.
BTW, orders have been going out and I’m supposed to pick up another run of laser cut stock any day now.
So it’s happening.
Another thing that’s happening is a few of the people on the list are MIA and not responding to PM’s.
In that case I give it a second shot and if there is still no answer within a few days then they get scratched and I move down the list. I can’t have these sitting around when people are patiently waiting.
As far as the thin stainless plates, it’s just a matter of discussing it with my laser cutter and getting it going.
The other thing to do is start a thread wanting some reports on how they’re working. I haven’t heard a thing so I’m guessing everything is cool, because I’m sure I would have heard about it if it wasn’t.

What's the status on the EZ Pak? I'd be interested in a Medium sized one... Would love to find out more.

The EZ Pak is just a version of a medium aluminum standard contour except it was supposed to be an economy plate for very simple warm water diving. I modeled it after an old Healthways plastic back pack design but formed it out of aluminum instead. It had cutouts down on the sides that could be used as a side carry handle or the webbing can be laced through it using the third opening as a slot so the webbing locks in place with no s/s keepers, very similar to how the three top slots work.
I have not decided if I’m going to fully make those yet.

I don't want to distract from this fine thread intended to keep a tally of those interested in purchasing a FP.

If you want to learn more about the EZ Pak there is a thread here: Freedom Plate's Cousin One can save a lot of time by focusing on @Eric Sedletzky 's post as he deftly addresses every question asked.

@Eric Sedletzky

I would like to join the queue. Interested in one size medium and one small with satin finish. Add rail brackets and wedge blocks. Thank you!

Please put me down for a Medium SS contour, satin finish, with block. Many thanks!
(P.S. I have a U.S. mailing address.)
@Eric Sedletzky A followup question on sizing: I am right about 6'1", perhaps 6'1.5" in the morning, slouching down as the day drags on. Am I better off sizing up to a Large?

@Eric Sedletzky A followup question on sizing: I am right about 6'1", perhaps 6'1.5" in the morning, slouching down as the day drags on. Am I better off sizing up to a Large?
You’re right on the cusp so either one, but I would probably say large just because it would fill out your back a little better.

Back
Top Bottom