Apeks regulator kits in the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JnJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It’s time to get our Apeks XTX 50’s services. Our local dive shop says they can rebuild them but cannot give us a price on how much the rebuild kit costs. Are there Apeks vendors in the US that can quote a price for the rebuild kit? Is it difficult to get the rebuild kits in the US?
Thanks for any help or advice.

JmJ

It's fairly difficult to get rebuild kits yourself, aqualung has pretty tight control, but authorized dealers can get them for free.

2019 MSRP is $40 for the 1st stage kit, $24 for each 2nd stage. 2020 prices not yet released.
They are NOT free to dealers. When servicing for the original owner, bought from US authorized dealer, and following the Free Parts for Life documented schedule, the authorized dealer can receive no charge replacement kits from Aqualung.

It’s time to get our Apeks XTX 50’s services. Our local dive shop says they can rebuild them but cannot give us a price on how much the rebuild kit costs. Are there Apeks vendors in the US that can quote a price for the rebuild kit? Is it difficult to get the rebuild kits in the US?
Thanks for any help or advice.

JmJ
I should add: if they don't know the cost/price of the kits, it suggests they are not themselves an authorized dealer.

If they are not acting as a convenient middleman by sending them out to a different authorized dealer and are instead doing the service themselves, are you okay with the work being done by a shop that is not an authorized dealer? (with access to current service manuals, OEM parts, periodic service bulletins, etc.)

And if they are also sourcing non OEM service kits/parts, are you okay with that too?

When servicing for the original owner, bought from US authorized dealer, and following the Free Parts for Life documented schedule, the authorized dealer can receive no charge replacement kits from Aqualung.

= free

I should add: if they don't know the cost/price of the kits, it suggests they are not themselves an authorized dealer.

If they are not acting as a convenient middleman by sending them out to a different authorized dealer and are instead doing the service themselves, are you okay with the work being done by a shop that is not an authorized dealer? (with access to current service manuals, OEM parts, periodic service bulletins, etc.)

And if they are also sourcing non OEM service kits/parts, are you okay with that too?

Good point!

Very good points and information. Thank you all. I am having some trouble with the Apeks website showing a map of authorized dealers in my area. Would Auqa Lung have the same information? If anyone knows an Apeks dealer in the Houston area, I would be grateful for the information.

Very good points and information. Thank you all. I am having some trouble with the Apeks website showing a map of authorized dealers in my area. Would Auqa Lung have the same information? If anyone knows an Apeks dealer in the Houston area, I would be grateful for the information.
Any Aqualung dealer is also an authorized Apeks dealer, even if they have never bought/sold a single item.
That does NOT mean they keep an inventory of parts and the few required special tools, or have paid for the online training for each model. But start there with your calls.

Back
Top Bottom