Another Request for Help Diving Near Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all-

There's a good chance I'll be in Miami in October for about a week, likely on my own. By then I'll have my GUE Tech 1 cert. I enjoy pretty much all diving, from cave to wreck and whatever's in between.

Can I get into anything good around Miami or should I plan on getting out of town to find something better?

I'd prefer an op where, if I have to get paired up with an instabuddy, that instabuddy isn't super likely to kill me.

Thanks!

The local GUE group Southeast Underwater Explorers (SEUE) has a facebook group. Most everyone in the local area is on it. :) Pretty easy to get some trips going there. :)

Highly recommend Narcosis!

I’ve used Florida Keys Dive Center in Isloramorda Key for more than 15 years. Two 48 foot Newton’s. They let me dive solo.

If you're solo certified, there are operators in Key Largo that will let you dive by yourself if you have redundant gear and if you don't like the insta-buddy idea.

Horizon Divers and Conch Republic have let me do so and they are well geared towards experienced divers. While Rainbow Reef has a reputation for catering to inexperienced divers, they have also let me solo on the Spiegle Grove and the Duane (and shallow reefs too). In fact, if I recall, they now run some Tec trips too.

You can pick up a 6 cf bottle (or 19 cf) for pretty cheap at Divers Direct.

KL is only an hour or so from MIA outside of rush hour traffic

Hi @Jake

How many days to you have to dive? Do you have something to do in Miami, or are you free to travel a bit?

Sounds like you might like to dive the Spiegel Grove, Duane, and Bibb out of Key Largo. If you haven't tried drift diving, you might enjoy Boynton Beach, West Palm, and Jupiter to the north. You have plenty of time to decide

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom